- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Kambwili asks High Court to declare his expulsion illegalBy Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017
Chishimba Kambwili has asked the Lusaka High Court to declare his expulsion from the Patriotic Front illegal, null and void saying the Central Committee cannot be the complainant, accuser and judge at the same time.
In a statement of claim filed today, Kambwili cited PF Secretary General Davies Mwila as the respondent.
Kambwili told the court that the party had not communicated his expulsion to him in person as he only got notified in the press.
“The Plaintiff avers that the decision to expel him from the Patriotic Front Party has not been communicated to the Plaintiff in person and the only notice whereof appeared in the Sunday Mail of the 23rd July 2017 and Monday 24TH July 2017. The party in the Daily Mail allegedly wrote the Speaker of the National Assembly to declare Roan constituency vacant. The decision made by the Patriotic Front Party through the Central Committee is illegal, uncautionable and without basis,” read the statement of claim.
Kambwili is also seeking an order that he was not given an opportunity to face his charges or chargers, costs and any other relief the court might deem fit.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- DPP enters nolle in IG case against Tayali - 18 Aug 2017
- ZANASU drags Luo to court over threats to ban students unions - 17 Aug 2017
- Minister explains mandatory HIV testing policy - 17 Aug 2017
- HH’s release first step towards restoring democracy in Zambia – Maimane - 17 Aug 2017
- Freeing HH proves Judiciary is independent – PF - 16 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend