by Julia Malunga on 13 Dec 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Dec 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 12 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Dec 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 10 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 10 Dec 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Dec 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 12 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 9 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 6 Dec 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Julius Kapembwa (PhD) on 5 Dec 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 4 Dec 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Nov 2019by Dr Chishimba Mubanga, MSc on 22 Nov 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 9 Dec 2019by Sampa Kabwela on 23 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019
Kambwili applies to join Mwila’s Roan vacancy caseBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Jan 2019
Roan PF member of parliament Chishimba Kambwili has applied to join the matter in which PF Secretary General Davies Mwila has sued the Speaker of the National Assembly in the Lusaka High Court for refusing to declare the Roan seat vacant.
Kambwili has applied to join proceedings as an interested party.
In an affidavit in support of ex parte summons for an application for joinder filed on January 9, Kambwili asked the court to join him to the proceedings, saying any decision made in respect of the proceedings would directly affect him and his rights as MP for Roan constituency.
“Since the the subject of these proceedings is whether or not the Roan constituency seat could be declared vacant, I should duly be made party to the same and I have an opportunity to be heard. That any decision made in respect of these proceedings will directly affect me and my rights and interests as MP of the Roan constituency,” Kambwili stated.
He stated that none of the parties would be prejudiced by him being joined to the proceedings.
“I verily believe that this is a proper case for me to be joined to proceedings. None of the parties will be prejudiced by my being joined to these proceedings as it is in the interest of justice and will bring finality to the same as all interested parties will be heard in respect of the same once and for all,” added Kambwili.
In this matter, Mwila had applied for judicial review over the refusal by the Speaker of the National Assembly Dr Patrick Matibini to declare Kambwili’s Roan constituency seat vacant.
He had stated in an affidavit in support of an application for leave to commence judicial review that the decision by the Speaker to refuse to declare the Roan constituency seat vacant was illegal as it violates Article 72 of the Constitution.
He cited the Attorney General as the respondent seeking the following reliefs: a declaration that there is no suit on the part of Kambwili for Roan constituency pending before the High Court to challenge his expulsion; an order of certiorari, removing the decision of the Speaker to declare the Roan seat vacant; and costs.
The grounds on which Mwila is seeking the reliefs are that: the decision of the Speaker to refuse to declare the Roan seat vacant is illegal as it is in contravention of Article 27 of the Constitution and; that the decision of the Speaker to refuse to declare the seat vacant in order to give the Courts latitude to deal with the matters conclusively, is unreasonable and illegal as it amounts to use of discretion that the Speaker does not possess.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- FNB sues ‘Bwalya Ng’andu’ for failure to settle K369,000 loan - 13 Dec 2019
- Court sets magistrate free in ‘missing’ drugs case - 13 Dec 2019
- Maseka fixed windows at Chimese’s alleged property, DEC testifies in Perjury case - 13 Dec 2019
- Kambwili granted last adjournment to open defence in forgery case - 13 Dec 2019
- Mimbula, Moxico fight injunction which restrains Milingo from selling KCM mining rights - 12 Dec 2019
- FNB sues 'Bwalya Ng’andu' for failure to settle K369,000 loan (2,354 views)
- Allowing owing students to write exams creates problems - Mushimba (1,420 view)
- Maseka fixed windows at Chimese's alleged property, DEC testifies in Perjury case (1,126 view)
- Court sets magistrate free in 'missing' drugs case (1,117 view)
- We have challenges receiving all the power paid for from Eskom - Zesco (857 views)
- Homosexuality exists in Zambia, no one chooses to be born gay - Sacika
- Don't be used by UPND to get diplomatic jobs, Mumbi tells Diggers journalists
- Allowing owing students to write exams creates problems - Mushimba
- Zambia making tremendous strides in mitigating climate change - Yumba
- Power export to Zambia dependent on our surplus production - Eskom
Subscribe For News In Email
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend