by Natasha Sakala on 17 Sep 2019by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2019by Mwansa Mambwe in Solwezi on 17 Sep 2019
by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Chimese, wife, Chita Lodge owner plead not guilty to money launderingBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 12 Mar 2019
Former Zambia Air Force (ZAF) Commander Lt Gen Eric Chimese and two others have pleaded not guilty to seven counts of abuse of authority and money laundering.
In this matter, Chimese, 50, is jointly charged with his wife Sharon Gray Chimese, 45 and Chita Lodge Limited managing director James Chungu, who is otherwise nicknamed “Jimmy Fingers”.
Chimese is charged with four counts of abuse of authority and three counts of money laundering.
Sharon and Chungu are charged with one count of money laundering each, and are jointly charged with Chimese.
In count one, it is alleged that between June 2015 and June 2018 in Lusaka, Chimese being a public officer at the time, namely ZAF Commander, did engage Jack Mwape, a Casual Daily employee of ZAF, to install tiles on his private property situated on plot number 2303/Q in Ibex Hill, an arbitrary act which was prejudicial to the interests of the government of Zambia.
In count two, it is alleged that Chimese on the same dates in Chilanga district, did engage the same Jack Mwape, to install tiles on his private property situated on Farm number 4301/31 in Eureka Area.
In count three and four, Chimese on the same dates being a public officer at the time namely, ZAF Commander, engaged Katema Chuulu, a Casual Daily Employee of ZAF, to install tiles on the said properties in Ibex Hill and in Eureka Area.
In count five, it is alleged that Chimese and Chungu on dates unknown but between January 2012 and February 2019 in Lusaka, jointly and whilst acting together, concealed and disguised the rights with respect to ownership of nine flats, a single storey building, one Guest Wing and one semi detached cottage situated on Farm number 2303/Q in Ibex Hill, knowing or having reason to believe that the said property were proceeds of crime.
In the sixth count, Chimese on the same dates in Lusaka, possessed nine flats, one single storey building, one guest wing and one semi detached cottage situated on the said farm, knowing that the said properties were proceeds of crime.
And in the seventh count, it is alleged that Chimese and his wife Sharon between January 2012 and February 2019, in Chilanga district, jointly and whilst acting together, did possess two houses situated on Farm number 4301 in Eureka Area, knowing or having reason that the said properties were proceeds of crime.
The trio are being represented by Kelvin Bwalya Fube, Mark Haimbe and Kebby Wishimanga.
And when the matter came up for plea before magistrate Nsunge Chanda, Monday, Deputy Chief State Advocate at National Prosecutions Authority Gamaliel Zimba, informed the court that consent to prosecute the matter was ready.
And when the magistrate read out the charges to accused persons, the trio pleaded not guilty in all counts.
The court then adjourned the matter to April 12 for mention and May 3, 6 and 8 for trial.
All three accused persons are on bond.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- My penis doesn’t function, defilement accused tells court - 17 Sep 2019
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters - 16 Sep 2019
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend - 16 Sep 2019
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them - 13 Sep 2019
- Judge Nkonde asks ConCourt to dismiss M’membe’s application for review of costs - 13 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (6,738 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,938 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (2,616 views)
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters (2,221 views)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (2,186 views)
- De-gazettion of Forest 27 doesn’t affect Chalimbana River – Kapata
- Lungu must check his aides, they’ll injure him – KBF
- Zesco is suffering, it’s got no money – laments minister
- My penis doesn’t function, defilement accused tells court
- It’s illogical for companies that don’t pay dividends to bid for KCM – Mumba
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend