- by Julia Malunga on 20 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 19 Aug 2019
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 16 Aug 2019
- by Julia Malunga on 19 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Aug 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Kitwe man gets 4 years for stealing mum’s TVBy Sandra Mulenga on 27 Mar 2019
A 22-year-old man of Kawama Township has been sentenced to four years imprisonment with hard labour by the Kitwe magistrates court for stealing his mother’s plasma Television.
Lindilani Matimuna was charged with theft contrary to the laws of Zambia.
Allegations were that on March 13, 2019 in Kitwe, the accused person stole a plasma TV worth K4500, the property of Rose Nyirongo.
Appearing before senior resident magistrate Osward Mwansa Chibalo for plea, the accused person pleaded guilty to the charges.
According to facts presented by the state prosecutor, it is believed that the accused person stole the plasma TV from his mother’s house.
The facts indicated that the accused person’s mother went to Bulangililo market to conduct some business and when she returned home, she was informed that her son and gotten away with a TV.
Facts also indicated that Matimuna was found selling the TV when he was apprehended.
The accused person was later taken to the police station where he pleaded guilty to the offence of theft.
And magistrate Chibalo said upon the accused person’s own admission of the offence and facts being true and correct, he had found him guilty as charged and convicted him accordingly.
In mitigation, Matimuna begged for the court’s liniencey saying he was a student and that his studies would be disturbed if jailed.
Magistrate Chibalo said he had heard what had been said in mitigation and that he was a first offender who deserved the court’s leniency.
But Magistrate Chibalo sentenced him to four years imprisonment with hard labour with effect from the date of arrest.
Magistrate Chibalo said if the accused person was not happy with the sentence, he had a right to appeal within 14 days.Related Items
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,181 views)
- Lungu is in gear 5 of 2021 campaigns (1,859 view)
- Mercury Security Services sues Lusaka lawyer over K2m fees (951 views)
- UPND reports GBM to police for 'tribal hatred' (901 views)
- Only a miracle can stop kwacha’s depreciation – Hamaundu (883 views)
- Lungu must urgently declare hunger crisis, insists HH
- We’re a hungry nation because we insist that maize is our staple food
- The corrupt are evil, we must not glorify those who steal from us – Musa
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up – Nkombo
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Don’t tell us what to do, if you see hunger, just donate, Lungu responds to British Envoy
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend