by Mirriam Chabala on 10 Dec 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 9 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 9 Dec 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 9 Dec 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 9 Dec 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 5 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 4 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 28 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 7 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Dec 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 9 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 6 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Dec 2019
by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Dec 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Julius Kapembwa (PhD) on 5 Dec 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 4 Dec 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Nov 2019by Dr Chishimba Mubanga, MSc on 22 Nov 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 9 Dec 2019by Sampa Kabwela on 23 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019
Money lending firm sues Bernadette Deka for failure to pay K2.6m debtBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Jun 2019
Vyansilati Enterprise Limited has sued Policy Monitoring and Research Centre executive director Bernadette Deka in the Lusaka High Court for failure to pay over K2.6 million, which she borrowed.
Vyansilati Enterprise Limited wants Deka to pay back K2,675,000.00 at 15 percent interest per week from the date of default, being April 27 this year, until the date of the writ.
In a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court principal registry, Vyansilati Enterprise stated that it was a private company limited engaged in the business of civil works, electrical repair and money lending.
It further stated that on or about April 9, this year, Deka at her instance and request, freely and voluntarily entered into an agreement with the company’s director Marvin Chibwe where it was agreed that she borrows K2,675,000.000.
The company claimed that it was an express term of the agreement as accepted by Deka that she would pay back the said sum in two instalments from the date of the agreement.
It stated that upon default by Deka, the said amount could attract interest as at the rate of 15 percent of the total amount due per week.
Vyansilati Enterprise further claimed that despite numerous requests to Deka to settle her indebtedness with interest as agreed, she had to date allegedly failed to make the settlement in part or in full.
It stated that when it’s advocates wrote Deka a demand letter dated May 23 this year, she made promises to pay but added that there had been no effort from her to honour the said promises, causing the company to suffer loss of business, profit and inconvenience.
The company is now claiming payment of the money with interest at the average short term deposit rate per annum from the date of the writ to the date of the judgement and thereafter, at the rate not exceeding the current lending rate as determined by Bank of Zambia.
It’s further claiming damages for breach of contract.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- High Court orders Tutwa to pay Mwitwa damages for libel - 7 Dec 2019
- Trial continues in ritual killings case involving soldier, traditional healer - 6 Dec 2019
- Prime TV sues former employee for defamation - 6 Dec 2019
- Judge Nkonde narrates how security guard stole money from his house - 6 Dec 2019
- Girl narrates how biological father impregnated her - 6 Dec 2019
- One bullet can kill me, you don't need to send cadres, Nkomeshya tells govt (3,460 views)
- Sorry PF, not enough pee to put out Bill 10 (1,909 view)
- I've no time to discuss Lungwangwa, Kasonso - HH (1,758 view)
- Homosexuality exists in Zambia, no one chooses to be born gay - Sacika (950 views)
- PF syphoning money from KCM to fund party activities - Kambwili (949 views)
- PRESIDENTIAL HUMILITY: A HUMBLE RESPONSE TO SOME NASTY PREJUDICE
- Ba Davies Mwila boss, nga imwe? How did you lose Chipili seat?
- PF hasn’t told me about any ultimatum – Chungu
- Homosexuality exists in Zambia, no one chooses to be born gay – Sacika
- Heightened corruption perception influencing drop in FDI – Saasa
- Kapata to sue Diggers for publishing Mukula smuggling cartel
- I'll retain power in 2021 because I'm humble - Lungu
- A bitter sweet message from the U.S Ambassador on gay crimes, hypocrisy
- PF blames minister for Lupososhi loss, demands his resignation
- Stop dividing us, stay out of politics, Lungu tells clergy
Subscribe For News In Email
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend