- by Mukosha Funga on 25 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 25 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 25 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Legana counter sues student, boyfriend over ‘condom’ allegationsBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Aug 2019
Legana Investment Limited has also dragged Luyando Kopakopa and her boyfriend to the Lusaka High Court, claiming damages for accusing it of producing sausages contaminated with condoms and human flesh.
Legana Investments is seeking exemplary and special damages from Kopakopa, a clinical medicine student and Eric Nhandu for defamation of character, as well as, interest and costs.
On Monday, Kopakopa sued Legana Meat Products and Pick N Pay in the Lusaka High Court, claiming damages for nausea and excessive vomiting after allegedly consuming Hungarian sausage which had what appeared to be a used condom and human flesh.
But in a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court principal registry, Legana Investment lamented that its sales on its products had reduced countrywide as a result of the duo’s allegations.
It stated that on August 7, Nhandu lodged a complaint with the Department of Public Health of the Lusaka City Council after he and Kopakopa allegedly discovered what looked like a condom in one of the sausages purchased on August 3, from Pick N Pay at Makeni Mall.
Legana Investments further stated that between August 6 and 8, Kopakopa also circulated two videos on social media where she alleged that she had personally bought Legana sausage three days prior but when she prepared it later, discovered a condom and human flesh in it.
Legana stated that Kopakopa also claimed that the company had been feeding its customers human flesh all along.
“The said videos went viral within a few minutes. The words uttered by Kopakopa in their ordinary and natural meaning were actually understood to mean that Legana Investments is involved in mass murders and has been feeding the general public human flesh under the guise of it being Hungarian sausage and that its production system lacks proper sanity standards such that foreign matters like condoms are found in its products,” read the statement of claim.
Legana Investments disclosed that on August 8, it lodged a complaint at Kabwata Police station against Kopakopa for alarming the public that the company was feeding the public human meat.
It added that the same Kopakopa was summoned to the police but elected to switch off her phone and never appeared at the police as at yesterday.
Legana Investments lamented that from August 6 when the said video went viral, it had suffered special damage due to a heavy reduction in the sales of its products countrywide as the general public’s perception of its products had heavily been affected by the defendants malicious allegations.
“Legana Investments shall aver that as a result of the malicious allegations raised by the defendants, it has suffered severe loss and damage to its reputation and goodwill in the eyes of right thinking members of the public and the sales of its products have been reduced significantly,” read the statement of claim.
Legana Investments is now claiming damages for defamation of character arising from the defendants allegations, exemplary and special damages, interest on the amounts, costs and any other relief the court may deem fit.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt - 25 Aug 2019
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit - 24 Aug 2019
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president - 24 Aug 2019
- ConCourt has jurisdiction to hear my petition, submits Lundazi Central losing candidate - 23 Aug 2019
- Pathologist testifies in ritual killing case - 23 Aug 2019
- Don’t worry Musa, Saasa; the corrupt defend each other (1,908 view)
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt (1,306 view)
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini (1,019 view)
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (934 views)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10 (797 views)
- LAZ wants ConCourt to send Tutwa to jail for contempt
- Luapula man beats wife to death for being drunk
- Don’t worry Musa, Saasa; the corrupt defend each other
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend