by Natasha Sakala on 17 Jan 2020by Natasha Sakala on 17 Jan 2020by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Jan 2020by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Jan 2020
by Stuart Lisulo on 16 Jan 2020by Stuart Lisulo on 15 Jan 2020by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Jan 2020by Natasha Sakala on 12 Jan 2020
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Jan 2020by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Jan 2020by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Jan 2020by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Jan 2020
- Goal Diggers
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Jan 2020by Abraham Kalito on 14 Jan 2020by Abraham Kalito on 13 Jan 2020by Tim Zulu on 13 Jan 2020
by Diggers Editor on 17 Jan 2020by Diggers Editor on 16 Jan 2020by Diggers Editor on 14 Jan 2020by Diggers Editor on 12 Jan 2020
- Guest Diggers
by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Jan 2020by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 14 Jan 2020by Julius Kapembwa, PhD on 7 Jan 2020by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jan 2020
- Editor's Choice
by Sikonathi Mantshantsha on 11 Jan 2020by Amber Phillips on 19 Dec 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 17 Jan 2020by Diggers Editor on 17 Jan 2020by Zindikilani Banda in Sinda on 9 Jan 2020by Felix Kashweka on 17 Dec 2019
Legana counter sues student, boyfriend over ‘condom’ allegationsBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Aug 2019
Legana Investment Limited has also dragged Luyando Kopakopa and her boyfriend to the Lusaka High Court, claiming damages for accusing it of producing sausages contaminated with condoms and human flesh.
Legana Investments is seeking exemplary and special damages from Kopakopa, a clinical medicine student and Eric Nhandu for defamation of character, as well as, interest and costs.
On Monday, Kopakopa sued Legana Meat Products and Pick N Pay in the Lusaka High Court, claiming damages for nausea and excessive vomiting after allegedly consuming Hungarian sausage which had what appeared to be a used condom and human flesh.
But in a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court principal registry, Legana Investment lamented that its sales on its products had reduced countrywide as a result of the duo’s allegations.
It stated that on August 7, Nhandu lodged a complaint with the Department of Public Health of the Lusaka City Council after he and Kopakopa allegedly discovered what looked like a condom in one of the sausages purchased on August 3, from Pick N Pay at Makeni Mall.
Legana Investments further stated that between August 6 and 8, Kopakopa also circulated two videos on social media where she alleged that she had personally bought Legana sausage three days prior but when she prepared it later, discovered a condom and human flesh in it.
Legana stated that Kopakopa also claimed that the company had been feeding its customers human flesh all along.
“The said videos went viral within a few minutes. The words uttered by Kopakopa in their ordinary and natural meaning were actually understood to mean that Legana Investments is involved in mass murders and has been feeding the general public human flesh under the guise of it being Hungarian sausage and that its production system lacks proper sanity standards such that foreign matters like condoms are found in its products,” read the statement of claim.
Legana Investments disclosed that on August 8, it lodged a complaint at Kabwata Police station against Kopakopa for alarming the public that the company was feeding the public human meat.
It added that the same Kopakopa was summoned to the police but elected to switch off her phone and never appeared at the police as at yesterday.
Legana Investments lamented that from August 6 when the said video went viral, it had suffered special damage due to a heavy reduction in the sales of its products countrywide as the general public’s perception of its products had heavily been affected by the defendants malicious allegations.
“Legana Investments shall aver that as a result of the malicious allegations raised by the defendants, it has suffered severe loss and damage to its reputation and goodwill in the eyes of right thinking members of the public and the sales of its products have been reduced significantly,” read the statement of claim.
Legana Investments is now claiming damages for defamation of character arising from the defendants allegations, exemplary and special damages, interest on the amounts, costs and any other relief the court may deem fit.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Court orders PF to pay Lusaka Voice over K400,000 for adverts, breach of contract - 17 Jan 2020
- We stand by our report, Diggers – EIA - 17 Jan 2020
- Ex-OP official challenges dismissal in High Court - 16 Jan 2020
- Chipimo’s son admits trafficking in narcotic drugs - 16 Jan 2020
- Maid admits poisoning boss’ breakfast - 16 Jan 2020
- Maid admits poisoning boss' breakfast (7,964 views)
- Start preparing your exit, Chilubi is ours, Mumbi taunts HH (2,448 views)
- Mundende, board must resign to improve Zesco’s performance – Eskom consultant (2,073 views)
- How Zesco imported Air from Eskom and made people pay for it (2,005 views)
- Ex-OP official challenges dismissal in High Court (1,923 view)
- Zesco getting money by false pretences, hiking electricity which they don’t have – Nawakwi
- Mundende, board must resign to improve Zesco’s performance – Eskom consultant
- Transfers at KCM not political, they’re for operational efficiency – Milingo
- Police capture 365 GBV cases in 2 days
- We’ll sue ECZ if they fail to sponsor observers to Dubai – UPND
- Kamanga takes fresh swipe at Kalusha Bwalya
- How Zesco imported Air from Eskom and made people pay for it
- Maid admits poisoning boss' breakfast
- PF Central Committee's Lungu endorsement disadvantaging others - Panji Kaunda
- IMF package will be bitter, it won’t be about tightening belts but skirts - Nawakwi
Subscribe For News In Email
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend