- by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 21 Jul 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 21 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 18 Jul 2017by Charles Mafa on 13 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 13 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
Zambia may face world champions at Under-20 meetBy Joseph Mwenda on 14 Mar 2017
Zambia face the prospect of playing one of three former World champions when the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup draws are made by host nation South Korea on March 15.
Record champions Argentina including previous winners Portugal and Germany are among the 24 nations at the tournament South Korea will host from May 20 to June 11.
Zambia will be making their third appearance at the tournament after making their debut in 1999 in Nigeria where they were eliminated at the group stage and in 2007 in Canada where they reached the last 16.
Beston Chambeshi’s team is in Pot 3 meaning they will avoid record five-time European champions Italy, England, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and Honduras who are in the same pot.
Honduras is one of two teams in the 24-team draws that they have previously faced at the tournament after beating the Central Americans 4-3 in the group stage in 1999.
Uruguay is the other side and Zambia could meet the South Americans again whom they beat 2-0 in a group stage match in Canada.
Uruguay are placed in Pot 1 together with two-time champions Portugal, 1981 winners Germany, the USA, 2013 winners France and hosts South Korea.
Record six-time champions Argentina are in Pot 2 alongside Mexico, Japan, Costa Rica, New Zealand and 2017 U20 AFCON runners Senegal who lost 2-0 to Zambia in the March 12 final.
U20 AFCON semifinalists Guinea and South Africa are in Pot 4 together with Vanuatu, Iran, Ecuador and Vietnam.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend