- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Sep 2017by Citizen journalist on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Zambia may face world champions at Under-20 meetBy Joseph Mwenda on 14 Mar 2017
Zambia face the prospect of playing one of three former World champions when the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup draws are made by host nation South Korea on March 15.
Record champions Argentina including previous winners Portugal and Germany are among the 24 nations at the tournament South Korea will host from May 20 to June 11.
Zambia will be making their third appearance at the tournament after making their debut in 1999 in Nigeria where they were eliminated at the group stage and in 2007 in Canada where they reached the last 16.
Beston Chambeshi’s team is in Pot 3 meaning they will avoid record five-time European champions Italy, England, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and Honduras who are in the same pot.
Honduras is one of two teams in the 24-team draws that they have previously faced at the tournament after beating the Central Americans 4-3 in the group stage in 1999.
Uruguay is the other side and Zambia could meet the South Americans again whom they beat 2-0 in a group stage match in Canada.
Uruguay are placed in Pot 1 together with two-time champions Portugal, 1981 winners Germany, the USA, 2013 winners France and hosts South Korea.
Record six-time champions Argentina are in Pot 2 alongside Mexico, Japan, Costa Rica, New Zealand and 2017 U20 AFCON runners Senegal who lost 2-0 to Zambia in the March 12 final.
U20 AFCON semifinalists Guinea and South Africa are in Pot 4 together with Vanuatu, Iran, Ecuador and Vietnam.Related Items
- Kalaba hails Millennium Challenge Account, USAID to Zambia
- Protests at Parliament will go ahead on Friday, with or without police permit – Miti
- Riots in Ndola after high speed police chase kills vendor
- Parliament should be able to detect, stop abuse of public resources – Speaker
- Political Parties Bill is evil – ZCSD
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend