- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Zambia may face world champions at Under-20 meetBy Joseph Mwenda on 14 Mar 2017
Zambia face the prospect of playing one of three former World champions when the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup draws are made by host nation South Korea on March 15.
Record champions Argentina including previous winners Portugal and Germany are among the 24 nations at the tournament South Korea will host from May 20 to June 11.
Zambia will be making their third appearance at the tournament after making their debut in 1999 in Nigeria where they were eliminated at the group stage and in 2007 in Canada where they reached the last 16.
Beston Chambeshi’s team is in Pot 3 meaning they will avoid record five-time European champions Italy, England, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and Honduras who are in the same pot.
Honduras is one of two teams in the 24-team draws that they have previously faced at the tournament after beating the Central Americans 4-3 in the group stage in 1999.
Uruguay is the other side and Zambia could meet the South Americans again whom they beat 2-0 in a group stage match in Canada.
Uruguay are placed in Pot 1 together with two-time champions Portugal, 1981 winners Germany, the USA, 2013 winners France and hosts South Korea.
Record six-time champions Argentina are in Pot 2 alongside Mexico, Japan, Costa Rica, New Zealand and 2017 U20 AFCON runners Senegal who lost 2-0 to Zambia in the March 12 final.
U20 AFCON semifinalists Guinea and South Africa are in Pot 4 together with Vanuatu, Iran, Ecuador and Vietnam.Related Items
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- PF to remove Financial Intelligence boss
- ‘Wife’ sues Muvi TV owner over matrimonial house
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- Court refuses to resolve UNIP leadership wrangles
- PF will waste millions in compensation over illegally terminated contracts – TIZ
- Police place bounty on killers of Chinese national
- $25m ADB loan to building society will push national housing agenda – ZUFIAW
- The court’s ruling was very clear, ex-ministers must pay – Kampamba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend