- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
ZANACO begin title defenceBy Diggers Reporter on 8 Apr 2017
The 2017 FAZ Super Division season kicks off this Saturday with the defending champions Zanaco at home in Week 1.
Zanaco hosts 2004 champions Red Arrows in a Lusaka derby clash at National Heroes Stadium which will be their home ground for the 2017 season.
Arrows head to Zanaco in search of their first win over Zanaco since 2014 and have since then lost three and drawn one league match.
Last season, Zanaco beat Arrows 2-1 away at Nkoloma Stadium and 2-0 at home at Sunset Stadium.
But Arrows will be hoping the experience of ex-Zambia coach Honour Janza will end that drought following his appointment in January.
Furthermore, the champion’s head into the game bruised after a humiliating 3-0 defeat in the 2017 Charity Shield semifinals on March 30 at the hands of Nkana who finished 3rd in 2016.
Zanaco defeat was their first in 2017 from five competitive games after earlier drawing three, winning one and scoring just two goals in their opening four matches.
The champions stuttering form is not surprising following the mass exodus of eight key players in particular striker Fashion Sakala (to Spartak Moscow in Russia) and midfielder Roderick Kabwe (Ajax Cape Town in South Africa) who scored 9 and 7 league goals last year respectively.
And now the onus is on Saith Sakala and Ghana-born forward Kwame Attram to carry the burden as a new-look Zanaco begins its quest for an unprecedented 8th league title that will see them move within four of record winners Nkana.
Mighty Mufulira Wanderers are Zambia’s second most successful team with 9 title.
City of Lusaka-Green Eagles
Napsa Stars-Nchanga Rangers
Lumwana Radiants-Forest Rangers
Green Buffaloes-Mufulira Wanderers
Lusaka Dynamos-Power Dynamos
POSTPONED:Zesco United-Konkola Blades
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend