- by Joseph Mwenya in Kabwe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Dec 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 7 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 7 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 5 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Reporter on 4 Dec 2017by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenya on 28 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Zambia rugby team wrecks havoc in RwandaBy Diggers Reporter on 1 May 2017
Zambia’s hopes of promotion to the African Rugby Group 1 B are looking promising following an emphatic victory over Rwanda.
Zambia beat Rwanda 92-3 in their final Group 1C South decider at Lusaka Rugby club on Saturday to finish with a 100 percent run in the week-long, three-team, round-robin event the winners hosted from April 23-28.
Rwanda’s consolation points came from the spot through an Iradukunda Ombeni penalty in the final 40 minutes after Zambia had taken a 53-0 halftime lead.
Laston Mukosha successfully kicked one penalty and converted seven of Zambia’s 15 tries on the day.
Philip Kamanga and Davy Chimbukulu scored a hat-trick of tries each while Brian Mbalwa placed one try.
Kabwe Musonda, Michelo Shelleni, Simon Nyangu and Oscar Bwalya all crossed the line to place two tries each.
Zambia finished on maximum 10 points after also collecting a bonus point in their opening game on April 23 when they demolished Mauritius 69-3.
Rwanda finished second on 4 points after they beat Mauritius 24-12 last Tuesday.
Zambia now await the final outcome from the Group 1 C North conference where Nigeria,Cameroon and Algeria are battling for a Group1 B place.
The promoted side will be decided by the team with the best goal difference from the two conferences.
About Diggers Reporter
- Minister drops Solwezi General hospital management - 10 Dec 2017
- Doctor in court for failing to pay for 7 suits - 8 Dec 2017
- The lion sculpture was photo shopped – Ndola Council - 8 Dec 2017
- Our boss told us the cannabis lab was a prayer room – Witness - 8 Dec 2017
- Zambian Breweries explains why it donated breathalysers to RTSA - 7 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend