- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Oct 2017by Linda Jere on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Zambia rugby team wrecks havoc in RwandaBy Diggers Reporter on 1 May 2017
Zambia’s hopes of promotion to the African Rugby Group 1 B are looking promising following an emphatic victory over Rwanda.
Zambia beat Rwanda 92-3 in their final Group 1C South decider at Lusaka Rugby club on Saturday to finish with a 100 percent run in the week-long, three-team, round-robin event the winners hosted from April 23-28.
Rwanda’s consolation points came from the spot through an Iradukunda Ombeni penalty in the final 40 minutes after Zambia had taken a 53-0 halftime lead.
Laston Mukosha successfully kicked one penalty and converted seven of Zambia’s 15 tries on the day.
Philip Kamanga and Davy Chimbukulu scored a hat-trick of tries each while Brian Mbalwa placed one try.
Kabwe Musonda, Michelo Shelleni, Simon Nyangu and Oscar Bwalya all crossed the line to place two tries each.
Zambia finished on maximum 10 points after also collecting a bonus point in their opening game on April 23 when they demolished Mauritius 69-3.
Rwanda finished second on 4 points after they beat Mauritius 24-12 last Tuesday.
Zambia now await the final outcome from the Group 1 C North conference where Nigeria,Cameroon and Algeria are battling for a Group1 B place.
The promoted side will be decided by the team with the best goal difference from the two conferences.
About Diggers Reporter
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend