- by Joseph Mwenya on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Daniel Chansa on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 17 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Lumwana reclaim super division top slotBy Diggers Reporter on 7 May 2017
Lumwana Radiants continued their quiet and unbeaten run in the 2017 FAZ Super Division season when they reclaimed top spot of the table.
Lumwana, who made their top-flight debut in 2016 and survived demoted by finishing outside the bottom four in 14th place, drew 1-1 at home win Konkola Blades to go one point clear of the table.
The two sides went into the break scoreless before Simon Nkhata put Lumwana ahead in the 51st minute.
But Tapson Kaseba equalised for Blades in the 83rd minute to see the two sides share the points.
Lumwana rise to 11 points, one more than Zesco United who drop to third following Saturday’s 1-0 away loss at Napsa Stars.
And defending champions Zanaco moved to second pushing Zesco down to number three after a 4-1 home win over Nakambala Leopards at the National Heroes Stadium in Lusaka.
Saith Sakala headed in the first goal in the 45th minute to put Zanaco 1-0 into the break before new signing boy Felix Nyaende fired in his debut goal in the 54th minute Kennedy
Musonda added the third goal six minutes later and Richard Kasonde made it 4-0 in the 63rd minute.
Ignatius Lwipa scored Nakambala’s consolation in the 76th minute.
Zanaco have 10 points tied with Zesco but with a better goal difference.
Nakambala are fourth from bottom after the away loss in 17th place on 4 points from five matches played.
In the lunchtime kickoff at the same venue, Lusaka Dynamos recorded their first league win of the season after a 3-1 home win over Red Arrows.
Simon Mulenga put Dynamos ahead in the 15th minute before Ackim Mumba equalised in the 57th minute.
But Chris Mugalu hit a brace after converting his first from the penalty spot in the 74th and later headed in Cletus Chama’s corner in the 79th minute.
Dynamos rise from 18th to 15th on 6 points while Arrows stay 11th on similar number of points.
About Diggers Reporter
- We shouldn’t complain of brain drain when we have unemployed graduates – Hellicy - 18 Dec 2017
- Former U-20 player Kalale dies - 17 Dec 2017
- UPND announces reshuffles - 16 Dec 2017
- Chingola man kills his mother’s lover - 14 Dec 2017
- Lusaka woman in court for murdering hubby - 14 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend