by Daniel Chansa on 19 Apr 2019by Zindikilani Banda in Sinda on 19 Apr 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Apr 2019by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 19 Apr 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 27 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 19 Apr 2019by Stuart Lisulo in Lumwana on 19 Apr 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Apr 2019by Stuart Lisulo in Lumwana on 18 Apr 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Apr 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Apr 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Apr 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Apr 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 19 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Apr 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 2 Apr 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 29 Mar 2019by McQueen Zaza on 26 Mar 2019by Zindikilani Banda in Sinda on 20 Mar 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Dr Munyonzwe Hamalengwa on 18 Apr 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 14 Apr 2019by Dr Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 28 Mar 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 25 Mar 2019
KPF leads rugby league after defeating Nkwazi 23-8By Diggers Reporter on 8 May 2017
Kitwe Playing Fields (KPF) are the new leaders of the 2017 Zambia Rugby Union League after defeating hosts Nkwazi 23-8 in Lusaka on Saturday.
The revived Kitwe giants top the table for the first time in over 20 years following their return from oblivion five years ago.
Terry Kayamba and Robert Chilundami crossed the line to place two tries each while Benaya Mukwamba converted both of them.
Mukwamba later added a drop goal and penalty to his tally for the day and Charles Tembo also successfully kicked a spot-kick.
Nkwazi on were on the scorecard through a Wezi Kayamba try and a Laston Mukosa penalty goal.
KPF lead on the table on 18 points from four games played, three points ahead of defending champions Arrows who have played three games.
However, KPF actually sneaked into top spot thanks to fellow unbeaten side Arrows inactivity this weekend.
This is after Arrows opponents Konkola failed to travel to Lusaka from Chililabombwe to fulfil their Week 4 game due to logistical problems.
The match has now been postponed to a later date.
Meanwhile, Eagles are 3rd on 14 points after a resounding 49-0 away win over Chibuluma in Kalulushi.
Mufulira A, Powerhouse Lusaka and Diggers are 4th (11 points), 5th (9 points) and 6th (9 points) respectively and tall hree also won their Week 4 games.
ZRU Week 4 Results
Chibuluma 0 -49 Eagles
Diggers 29-3 Mufulira B
Mufulira A 90-0 Nchanga
Ndola Wanderers 3-5 Powerhouse Lusaka
Nkwazi 8-23 KPF
Roan 11-7 Kansanshi
About Diggers Reporter
- SA’s international relations minister to meet SADC ambassadors over xenophobic attacks - 1 Apr 2019
- Mushimba graduates with PhD in Engineering - 4 Mar 2019
- Sesheke cops were fired for putting Lungu’s life in danger – Tourism Minister - 25 Feb 2019
- Brian Chilala dies in accident - 11 Feb 2019
- DEC nabs 3 more Ministry of General Education officials for theft - 1 Feb 2019
- Give me respect when you're on my soil, Nkomeshya tells Prof Luo
- PF clamps down on social media usage as youths demand Mwila removal
- GBM is detached from UPND, says Mucheleka, as Mwamba fights on
- Kambwili names PF cadres who threatened him, gives police their contacts
- Kambwili unveils shadow cabinet, drops Musenge
- Lamba chiefs write Lungu over failure to fulfil campaign promises
- Bus drivers move contempt proceedings against PF cadres
- Lungu must fire Katambo for misleading him on maize export – Musanje
- Minute Social Cash Transfer payment to disabled people in Sinda saddens Minister
- Those calling for Mwila’s removal are disgruntled non-PF members – Lusambo
Subscribe for email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend