- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Zanaco face big test in EgyptBy Diggers Reporter on 13 May 2017
Zanaco face a massive test of character this evening away in Alexandria when they kickoff their 2017 CAF Champions League Group D campaign.
Mumamba Numba’s side face record 8-time champions Al Ahly of Egypt in what will be the two sides debut meeting in continental competition.
But Zanaco have yet to win on two previous visits to Egypt losing 1-0 away to Ismaily in the second round of the 2003 Champions League, before drawing 1-1 away to Haras el-Hedood in the group stage of the 2010 Confederation Cup.
“There is no need to fear them,” Zanaco defender and captain Ziyo Tembo said.
“They are a good side with a lot of experience and we respect them but we will do a huge disservice if we fear then even before we face them.”
However, Zanaco must improve in the group stage after advancing to the league phase in untidy fashion.
Zanaco collected just one win, recorded three draws and scored two goals on their way to qualifying to the group stage.
Their qualification was secured thanks to a 1-1 aggregate result after holding Young Africans of Tanzania 0-0 in the final leg in Lusaka.
Meanwhile, hosts Al Ahly will be hoping to get some revenge over Zambian opposition after Zesco United played an instrumental part in their group stage elimination in the 2016 edition of the same competition.
Zesco beat Al ahly 3-2 in Ndola in their opening Group A match last June and drew 2-2 in Cairo.
About Diggers Reporter
- Court orders commencement of trial against UPND members accused of obstructing police - 22 Aug 2017
- Safari company sues state for $734,434 compensation - 22 Aug 2017
- Farm sues State for criminal trespass - 22 Aug 2017
- Chipolopolo fear player departures after CHAN qualification - 21 Aug 2017
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC - 20 Aug 2017
- Coach promotes Fashion Sakala, 6 other U-20 stars to senior team
- Mopani announces planned retrenchment of 4,700 workers: We are left with no option
- PF wants Kambwili’s expulsion case dismissed
- Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner dead
- PF warns Mopani against sending miners on forced leave: Don’t take Zambians for granted
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend