- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Oct 2017by Linda Jere on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Zanaco face big test in EgyptBy Diggers Reporter on 13 May 2017
Zanaco face a massive test of character this evening away in Alexandria when they kickoff their 2017 CAF Champions League Group D campaign.
Mumamba Numba’s side face record 8-time champions Al Ahly of Egypt in what will be the two sides debut meeting in continental competition.
But Zanaco have yet to win on two previous visits to Egypt losing 1-0 away to Ismaily in the second round of the 2003 Champions League, before drawing 1-1 away to Haras el-Hedood in the group stage of the 2010 Confederation Cup.
“There is no need to fear them,” Zanaco defender and captain Ziyo Tembo said.
“They are a good side with a lot of experience and we respect them but we will do a huge disservice if we fear then even before we face them.”
However, Zanaco must improve in the group stage after advancing to the league phase in untidy fashion.
Zanaco collected just one win, recorded three draws and scored two goals on their way to qualifying to the group stage.
Their qualification was secured thanks to a 1-1 aggregate result after holding Young Africans of Tanzania 0-0 in the final leg in Lusaka.
Meanwhile, hosts Al Ahly will be hoping to get some revenge over Zambian opposition after Zesco United played an instrumental part in their group stage elimination in the 2016 edition of the same competition.
Zesco beat Al ahly 3-2 in Ndola in their opening Group A match last June and drew 2-2 in Cairo.
About Diggers Reporter
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend