- by Mukosha Funga on 24 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018
- by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
- by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 22 Jan 2018by Dr Charles Sinkala on 22 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018
U20 face Germany, hope to make historyBy Diggers Reporter on 31 May 2017
Zambia Under-20 seek redemption at 13:00 hours today in Jeju, South Korea as they face 1981 World champions Germany in a battle to reach the quarterfinals of the 2017 FUIFA World Cup.
Zambia has never been to the U20 World Cup quarterfinals after making their last 16 debut in the team’s second tournament appearance at the 2007 event with coach George Lwandamina, where they were eliminated 2-1 by Nigeria at that stage.
Beston Chambeshi’s side returns to Jeju seven days after they lost 1-0 to Costa Rica in Cheonan in their final Group C match.
That defeat was Zambia’s first loss at the tournament after winning both their opening two Group C matches against Portugal (2-1) and Iran (4-2).
Chambeshi will be hoping that Jeju continues to be their lucky home today against Germany who have stuttered through this year’s tournament with a draw, loss and a win to finish 3rd in Group B before qualifying as one of the four best third placed teams.
Zambia who will be facing Germany at Under-20 level for the first time, will again be banking on their tried and tested attacking force led by Fashion Sakala who already has two goals at the tournament.
Patson Daka and Edward Chilufya will also be hoping to improve from their single respective goals scored so far.
Captain and defender Solomon Sakala returns from suspension and hopes to make a mark.
Winner of this match will face victor of the France versus Italy last 16 tie in the quarterfinals on June 5.
About Diggers Reporter
- Serial adjournments in Lungu’s eligibility case irk ConCourt - 24 Jan 2018
- Cops plead not guilty to possession of fake notes - 24 Jan 2018
- DPP issues consent to prosecute fire tender protestors - 23 Jan 2018
- M’membe wants ConCourt to nullify Post liquidation - 23 Jan 2018
- Elephants coach sees Zambia, Namibia in CHAN final - 22 Jan 2018
- Lungu's theft not new; he started stealing as a lawyer - HH
- PF cadres attack Kambwili's supporters at Central Police
- Miyanda asks ConCourt to declare that Lungu breached Constitution by threatening judges
- Nawakwi wonders how Antonio will switch from calling PF thieves
- Amnesty International seeks protection for Pilato
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «January 2018»
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend