- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe and Anastasia Kasongo on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 23 Oct 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017
Italy books Q/final clash with ZambiaBy Diggers Reporter on 1 Jun 2017
Italy take on Zambia next week in the quarterfinals of the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup in South Korea after booking their last 8 date with a 2-1 win over their European rivals France today.
All three goals came before the hour mark after Riccardo Orsolini put Italy ahead in the 27th minute.
Orsolini took his tally three goals so far at the tournament for unbeaten Italy.
France, who qualified to the last 16 with a 100 percent record on 9 points, as many goals and none conceded, levelled matters from the spot in the 37th minute through Jean-Kevin Augustin.
But Giuseppe Panico made sure of Italy’s passage in the 53rd minute, making it Italy’s fourth quarterfinal appearance.
Meanwhile,Beston Chambeshi’s Zambia touched down in Suwon on Thursday ahead of their June 5 quarterfinals clash with Italy. Chambeshi says he never doubted his boys would rally to beat Germany in Wednesday’s last 16 tie at the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup in South Korea.
Zambia rallied twice, in both regular and and 30 minutes of extra time, to beat Germany 4-3 and make their debut qualification to the U20 World Cup quarterfinals.
Zambia has in all its three wins in South Korea come from behind to snatch a win with the exception being their 1-0 loss to Costa Rica in their final Group C match on May 27.
“You have seen that in the last three games we have conceded a goal in the first 10 to 16 minutes but we have managed to comeback. But we agreed with the boys that if we can go for 30 minutes without conceding a goal, then I know the strength of the team. Unfortunately they (Germany) scored in the last 7 minutes of the first half,”Chambeshi said.
“We had the halftime pep talk, and I said I had faith in you boys to erase the 1-0 and after a tactical change when we brought on Edward Chilufya, we got the result. They a strong team,they were good but tactically at least my team was better. We capitalized on that and we scored three goals in the second half and it showed that we have a sharp frontline.”
Shemmy Mayembe’s goal in the 107th minute of extra time booked Zambia’s last 8 ticket.
This Is after Emmanuel Banda,Fashion Sakala and Enock Mwepu had cancelled Germany’s 1-0 halftime lead lead through Philipp Ochs.
But stoppage time goals from Suat Serder and Jonas Arweiler forced the match to be decided in extra-time.
Zambia now await the victor of Thursday afternoon’s last 16 tie between Italy and 2013 champions France in the quarterfinals on June 5 in Suwon.
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend