- by Mukosha Funga on 24 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018
- by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
- by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 22 Jan 2018by Dr Charles Sinkala on 22 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018
Italy books Q/final clash with ZambiaBy Diggers Reporter on 1 Jun 2017
Italy take on Zambia next week in the quarterfinals of the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup in South Korea after booking their last 8 date with a 2-1 win over their European rivals France today.
All three goals came before the hour mark after Riccardo Orsolini put Italy ahead in the 27th minute.
Orsolini took his tally three goals so far at the tournament for unbeaten Italy.
France, who qualified to the last 16 with a 100 percent record on 9 points, as many goals and none conceded, levelled matters from the spot in the 37th minute through Jean-Kevin Augustin.
But Giuseppe Panico made sure of Italy’s passage in the 53rd minute, making it Italy’s fourth quarterfinal appearance.
Meanwhile,Beston Chambeshi’s Zambia touched down in Suwon on Thursday ahead of their June 5 quarterfinals clash with Italy. Chambeshi says he never doubted his boys would rally to beat Germany in Wednesday’s last 16 tie at the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup in South Korea.
Zambia rallied twice, in both regular and and 30 minutes of extra time, to beat Germany 4-3 and make their debut qualification to the U20 World Cup quarterfinals.
Zambia has in all its three wins in South Korea come from behind to snatch a win with the exception being their 1-0 loss to Costa Rica in their final Group C match on May 27.
“You have seen that in the last three games we have conceded a goal in the first 10 to 16 minutes but we have managed to comeback. But we agreed with the boys that if we can go for 30 minutes without conceding a goal, then I know the strength of the team. Unfortunately they (Germany) scored in the last 7 minutes of the first half,”Chambeshi said.
“We had the halftime pep talk, and I said I had faith in you boys to erase the 1-0 and after a tactical change when we brought on Edward Chilufya, we got the result. They a strong team,they were good but tactically at least my team was better. We capitalized on that and we scored three goals in the second half and it showed that we have a sharp frontline.”
Shemmy Mayembe’s goal in the 107th minute of extra time booked Zambia’s last 8 ticket.
This Is after Emmanuel Banda,Fashion Sakala and Enock Mwepu had cancelled Germany’s 1-0 halftime lead lead through Philipp Ochs.
But stoppage time goals from Suat Serder and Jonas Arweiler forced the match to be decided in extra-time.
Zambia now await the victor of Thursday afternoon’s last 16 tie between Italy and 2013 champions France in the quarterfinals on June 5 in Suwon.
About Diggers Reporter
- Serial adjournments in Lungu’s eligibility case irk ConCourt - 24 Jan 2018
- Cops plead not guilty to possession of fake notes - 24 Jan 2018
- DPP issues consent to prosecute fire tender protestors - 23 Jan 2018
- M’membe wants ConCourt to nullify Post liquidation - 23 Jan 2018
- Elephants coach sees Zambia, Namibia in CHAN final - 22 Jan 2018
- Lungu's theft not new; he started stealing as a lawyer - HH
- PF cadres attack Kambwili's supporters at Central Police
- Miyanda asks ConCourt to declare that Lungu breached Constitution by threatening judges
- Nawakwi wonders how Antonio will switch from calling PF thieves
- Amnesty International seeks protection for Pilato
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «January 2018»
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend