- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
U-20 has put pressure on senior team – RainfordBy Diggers Reporter on 9 Jun 2017
Zambia captain Rainford Kalaba has admitted that Chipolopolo are currently not favourites among soccer fans following the recent success of their Under-20 counterparts.
Zambia hosts Mozambique on Saturday at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium in Ndola in a 2019 AFCON Group K opening qualifying match with unofficial poll ratings at their lowest.
This is after the Zambia U20 teams’ 2017 U20 AFCON triumph on home soil in March and making their debut quarterfinal appearance at the 2017 FIFA U20 World Cup in South Korea this month.
It has also not helped that Kalaba and his team failed to qualify to the 2017 AFCON.
Kalaba, a 2012 Africa Cup winner, said they should not be discounted as a spent force but admitted the clock was ticking.
“This is our last chance because, you know, there is too much pressure in the country between the Under-20 and Zambia National team,” Kalaba said.
“So the only thing we can do for our country is to win on Saturday so that the fans can believe
in this team again. We were once champions and many soccer fans have forgotten so easily so we have to prove them wrong that this is the team. We have to react to the criticism to what is going on in the country.”
About Diggers Reporter
- Zambia finally train in Ndola after 24 hour delay - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt refuses to join Lungu to 2021 eligibility case - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt allows inmates to vote - 16 Aug 2017
- Wedson upbeat despite Chipolopolo draw with Bafana - 13 Aug 2017
- Lsk man gets one year for stealing two Bibles - 10 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend