- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Chipolopolo jet into Swaziland for CHAN qualifierBy Diggers Reporter on 15 Jul 2017
Zambia have arrived in Manzini ahead of Sunday’s 2018 CAF African Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifier against Swaziland.
Chipolopolo took one hour flight from Johannesburg on Friday morning to Manzini after a four-day camp in South Africa that ended on Thursday.
The two sides clash a week after contrasting fortunes at the 2017 Cosafa Cup in South Africa that saw Zambia losing 3-1 in the final to Zimbabwe while Swaziland lost 2-1 to the latter in the quarterfinals.
“We are approaching CHAN differently from Cosafa and aware that Swizland will have a completely different team from the one we saw in Rustenburg,” Zambia assistant coach aggrey Chiyangi said upon arrival Mbabane on Friday.
“They will be strong but we are targeting to go through.”
Swaziland will have at least 10 players from Mbabane Swallows who missed the Cosafa Cup due to their 2017 CAF Champions League obligations.
Zambia too welcome five Zanaco and six Zesco United players in similar circumstances after they took care of their CAF Champions League and CAF Confederation Cup beats respectively.
Meanwhile, Zambia and Swaziland will meet this Sunday in a first round, first match and play the decider on July 22 at National Heroes Stadium in Lusaka.
Winner of the Zambia-Swaziland match face victor of the other first round qualifier in August involving Botswana and South Africa who meet in the first leg in Francistown this weekend.
August’s final round will see winner of the Zambia game away in the final round,first leg qualifier during the weekend of August 12 while the final leg will be played during the weekend of August 19.
Winner over both legs will qualify to the CHAN finals to be hosted by Kenya this January.
CHAN is a second tier AFCON exclusively for home-based national team players.
About Diggers Reporter
- Zambia finally train in Ndola after 24 hour delay - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt refuses to join Lungu to 2021 eligibility case - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt allows inmates to vote - 16 Aug 2017
- Wedson upbeat despite Chipolopolo draw with Bafana - 13 Aug 2017
- Lsk man gets one year for stealing two Bibles - 10 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend