- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 23 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
Chipolopolo seek redemption against SwazilandBy Diggers Reporter on 16 Jul 2017
Zambia seek redemption this afternoon after last weekend’s 2017 Cosafa Cup final flop when they face Swaziland in a 2018 CHAN qualifier away on Sunday.
The CHAN first round,first leg qualifier comes a week after Zambia were dismantled 3-1 by Zimbabwe in the Cosafa Cup final played in Rustenburg, South Africa.
But the Zambia bench is confident they will make amends in the CHAN qualifiers as Chipolopolo embark on reaching their third final after finishing 3rd in the inaugural 2009 tournament in Cote d’Ivoire and reaching the quarterfinals at Rwanda 2016.
Zambia head into the match unbeaten against Swaziland in their only other CHAN qualifier meeting in 2008.
Swaziland held visiting Zambia 1-1 before Chipolopolo advanced to the first round 4-1 on aggregate.
“Swaziland football has improved but our target is to qualify for the Kenya finals,” Zambia assistant coach Aggrey Chiyangi said.
“They (Swaziland) will be strong but we are targeting to go through.”
Meanwhile, Zambia coach Wedson Nyirenda has made over 11 changes to the team bringing in players from champions Zanaco and runners-up Zesco United who missed the Cosafa Cup tournament in South Africa due to their respective 2017 CAF Champions League and CAF Confederation Cup obligations.
Goalkeeper Allan Chibwe of Power Dynamos faces some strong competition from Zanaco’s Toaster Nsabata while at left-back Fackson Kapumbu should start after Lawrence Chungu was dropped following a porous showing against Zimbabwe.
Zanaco captain and defender Ziyo Tembo is back and takes the place of Webster Mulenga who was dropped after the loss to Zimbabwe.
In midfield, Lusaka Dynamos playmaker Cletus Chota and Zesco’s defensive midfielder Kondwani Mtonga are set to add some quality that the team lacked in Rustenburg.
Otherwise, Nyirenda is set to keep his faith in his recent preferred attack of Brian Mwila who has three goals in four games for Zambia and Justin Shonga who has netted two goals in that same run of matches.
Meanwhile, the final leg is set for July 22 at National Heroes Stadium in Lusaka.
The winner over both legs will take on the victor of the other first round tie involving South Africa and Botswana this August for a place next January’s final tournament in Kenya.
About Diggers Reporter
- Swazi coach salutes Chipolopolo, wishes them triumph over Bafana - 23 Jul 2017
- Zambia thump Swaziland 3-0 - 23 Jul 2017
- U-17 thrash Madagascar 7-1 - 22 Jul 2017
- Zesco keep walkover win despite FIFA ruling on Obied - 22 Jul 2017
- FAZ summons Nkana over media attacks - 22 Jul 2017
- Lungu expels Kambwili, Musenge from PF
- I'm a threat to the sole candidate - Kambwili
- PF is being run by frustrated SG and deputy, they wanted to be ministers - youths
- Russia to deliver 4 superjets to Zambia in 2018, plus one for Head of State - Media
- Kapata mocks Lusaka Mayor over suggestion to bury Zesco cables
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend