- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Zambia wallops Swaziland 4-0By Diggers Reporter on 16 Jul 2017
Zambia’s 2018 CAF African Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifying hopes got off to the best possible start after a 4-0 away win over Swaziland on Sunday.
Lusaka Dynamos midfielder Cletus Chama scored a brace while Green Buffaloes striker Brian Mwila recorded his fourth competitive goal for Zambia from five matches so far this year.
Zesco United defender Fackson Kapumbu scored his debut Zambia goal as Chipolopolo took a comfortable first round,first leg lead into their final leg qualifier on July 22 in Lusaka.
Chama headed-in the first off a cross from Mwila before the latter made it 2-0 in the 26th minute when he turned in an assist from Augustine Mulenga.
Chama completed his brace from the penalty spot in the 47th minute when Power Dynamos striker Martin Phiri was brought down in the box by Machawe Dlamini.
Kapumbu then whipped in a trademark freekick past Swaziland goalkeeper Sandile Ginindza in the 81st minute.
Meanwhile, Nyirenda made 8 changes to the team that lost to Zimbabwe on July 9 in the 2017 COSAFA Cup final across the border in South Africa that included Power goalkeeper Allan Chibwe who was on the bench and Toaster Nsabata of Zanaco instead started.
Nchanga Rangers defender Isaac Shamujompa and Mwila were the only starters today from that COSAFA Cup losing team in Rustenburg.
Meanwhile, Zambia need a home draw to take into the final round qualifiers in August where South Africa the strong potential opponents.
Bafana Bafana won their first leg away match 2-0 in Francistown on Saturday against hosts Botswana.
Winner in the August tie will qualify to the CHAN finals in Kenya next January.
CHAN is a second tier AFCON exclusively for home-based players.
About Diggers Reporter
- Juvenile in court for having anal sex with 5-year-old - 22 Sep 2017
- Judge orders trial within trial in suspected ritual killers case - 22 Sep 2017
- I heard my cousins crying after my aunt gave them Doom, juvenile tells court - 22 Sep 2017
- Lusaka prophet claims he’s raised 6 from the dead - 22 Sep 2017
- Court discards forged letter from RTSA’s evidence against Kambwili - 21 Sep 2017
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten - Munir Zulu
- Lungu has taken Zambians for fools – Chipimo
- Zambian professor melts hearts for helping single mother baby sit in his class
- It's hard to believe Kambwili's accusations in the absence of evidence - Wynter
- Kampyongo got three cars for awarding fire tender contract to Grandview - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend