- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017by Lulu Wood on 10 Nov 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Zambia wallops Swaziland 4-0By Diggers Reporter on 16 Jul 2017
Zambia’s 2018 CAF African Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifying hopes got off to the best possible start after a 4-0 away win over Swaziland on Sunday.
Lusaka Dynamos midfielder Cletus Chama scored a brace while Green Buffaloes striker Brian Mwila recorded his fourth competitive goal for Zambia from five matches so far this year.
Zesco United defender Fackson Kapumbu scored his debut Zambia goal as Chipolopolo took a comfortable first round,first leg lead into their final leg qualifier on July 22 in Lusaka.
Chama headed-in the first off a cross from Mwila before the latter made it 2-0 in the 26th minute when he turned in an assist from Augustine Mulenga.
Chama completed his brace from the penalty spot in the 47th minute when Power Dynamos striker Martin Phiri was brought down in the box by Machawe Dlamini.
Kapumbu then whipped in a trademark freekick past Swaziland goalkeeper Sandile Ginindza in the 81st minute.
Meanwhile, Nyirenda made 8 changes to the team that lost to Zimbabwe on July 9 in the 2017 COSAFA Cup final across the border in South Africa that included Power goalkeeper Allan Chibwe who was on the bench and Toaster Nsabata of Zanaco instead started.
Nchanga Rangers defender Isaac Shamujompa and Mwila were the only starters today from that COSAFA Cup losing team in Rustenburg.
Meanwhile, Zambia need a home draw to take into the final round qualifiers in August where South Africa the strong potential opponents.
Bafana Bafana won their first leg away match 2-0 in Francistown on Saturday against hosts Botswana.
Winner in the August tie will qualify to the CHAN finals in Kenya next January.
CHAN is a second tier AFCON exclusively for home-based players.
About Diggers Reporter
- Pastor seeks to divorce wife of 35 years - 22 Nov 2017
- Court hands 3 month sentence to man who trespassed at Inonge’s residence - 22 Nov 2017
- Nandos employees in court for theft - 22 Nov 2017
- Man who stole computers from Chimbokaila gets 5 years imprisonment - 22 Nov 2017
- 3 Zimbabwean women in court for stealing food from Pick n Pay - 21 Nov 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend