- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Zesco keep walkover win despite FIFA ruling on ObiedBy Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017
Zesco United keep their 2017 CAF Confederation Cup quarterfinal place despite Sudanese Club Al Hilal Obied reinstatement in the last eight of the competition.
Obied were disqualified after Sudan was banned from all FIFA activities on July 6 on the day the Sudanese club arrived in Zambia for their final CAF Confederation Cup Group C match against Zesco.
This saw Zesco handed a walkover win after the cancellation of their July 9 fixture in Ndola
CRD Libolo of Angola were later handed Obeid quarterfinal slot against TP Mazembe.
“The Committee noted the lifting of the suspension of Sudan by FIFA and indicated that the Sudanese clubs engaged in the Total CAF Champions League and Total CAF Confederation Cup are not disqualified, but in accordance with the regulations, are declared losers of the Day Six matches of the group stage,” CAF stated in a communique.
The status sees Zesco still finishing top of Group C on 10 points, tied with Obeid who are second on goal difference.
Libolo are third on 7 points.
“As a result, Sudanese club, Hilal El Obeid is qualified for the quarterfinals of the Total CAF Confederation Cup.”
Zesco visit SuperSport United of South Africa in the first leg of their quarterfinals on September 8 in Pretoria while Obeid hosts Mazembe that same weekend.
About Diggers Reporter
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
- Woman in court for burning daughter over K7 - 18 Oct 2017
- Residential plots under Zesco poles shock Kapata - 14 Oct 2017
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- We are not a university for the poor - UNZA
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi's jersey at Day of Prayer
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge's prayer position sparks debate
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend