- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
I’m proud of the boys – WadaBy Nyambe Lubasi on 13 Nov 2017
Wedson Nyirenda says he is proud of his charges despite drawing 2-2 at home against Cameroon in both sides final 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B qualifier on November 11 in Ndola.
“I think we have a team in place, we have a team that we have just built. A team that wasn’t given a chance after the draws were made, but looking at what the team has done I think I am proud of the boys,” Nyirenda said.
But Nyirenda admitted that there was some still some work to do defensively that was evident against Cameroon where injured defensive midfielder Kondwani Mtonga’s absence was felt.
Cameroon snatched a late equaliser to deny Zambia its first competitive win over The Indomitable Lions since 1990.
However, the result saw Zambia finish a respectable 2nd in Group B on 8 points, one more than Africa’s record holding FIFA World Cup campaigners Cameroon who finished third on 7 points.
Nigeria won the group on 14 points while Algeria finished bottom on 2 points.
Zambia was the only team in Group B never to have qualified to the FIFA World Cup.
Cameroon, Nigeria and Algeria have seven, six and four FIFA World Cup outings respectively.
Zambia won two games in Group B after recording 3-1 and 1-0 away victories against Algeria but lost 2-1 at home and 1-0 against Nigeria.
Chipolopolo drew 1-1 on the road in Cameroon and 2-2 in Ndola against the defending AFCON champions.
About Nyambe Lubasi
- Modest weekend for Fashion, others - 20 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: “I want to be called Mr President” - 20 Nov 2017
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies - 19 Nov 2017
- Nyirenda gets praise for refreshing Chipolopolo attack - 18 Nov 2017
- Govt reluctant on curbing alcohol abuse – SAAPA - 18 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend