- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Daniel Chansa on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 17 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Dickson donates 20 computers to Matero schoolBy Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
Former State House press aide and now Lusaka Lawyer Dickson Jere today donated twenty desktop computers to Muchinga Basic School in Matero constituency where over 300 pupils were at the verge of missing their ICT examinations due to shortage of computer.
Jere made a donation at a special handover ceremony organized by the school where teachers and pupils thanked the Lawyer for having come to the aid of the school at such a crucial moment.
Speaking at the event, Jere said the world was now going digital and as such, computers needed to be part and parcel of children in the artificial intelligence generation.
“We are going paperless and artificial intelligence is becoming a norm rather than an exception. Kids must be exposed to computers at early stages just like in private schools,” Jere said.
He also announced a special scholarship under his project “It Is Possible” and promised to pay for the best student who would be selected to University from Muchinga Basic school.
And school headmistress Sylvia Miti said the computers would go a long way in having smooth teaching of ICT and related subjects. She said even members of staff had no computers and would greatly benefit from the donation.
“We used to take kids to other schools for ICT exams. We would wait until midnight to be allowed to use the computers because even them had many pupils to administer exams,” said Miti.
The function was also attended by parents of the pupils under the PTA committee.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend