- by Mukosha Funga on 24 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 24 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 23 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
Evicted: They don’t want me to expose corruption – ChishimbaBy Mirriam Chabala on 1 Feb 2017
UPP leader Saviour Chishimba says his eviction from the party secretariat was politically motivated.
In an interview today, Chishimba claimed that there were people in government who were influencing his landlord to evict him so as to frustrate his efforts to report their corrupt acts.
“This is a politically motivated move. It’s like he is talking to people in government who might be influencing him to do this to me,” Chishimba said.
However, Chishimba said he would engage his landlord this afternoon to negotiate.
“We have a meeting at the secretariat today at lunch hour with the property owner to chat the way forward of the matter, he has taken possession of the property but our belongings are still there and we are trying to reason with him,” said Chishimba.
Chishimba had announced in a statement yesterday that he had been asked to vacate his secretariat premises in Woodlands on grounds that the property was being exposed to danger.
“The United Progressive People has been served with a notice to vacate the secretariat by the end of the day today. The owner of the property (offices) which we have rented for the past six years, has increased the rentals by 50% and backdated the increase to 1 January, 2017. All attempts by management staff to reason with him on ground that there is nothing like backdating rental increments have proved unsuccessful,” stated Chishimba.
In the past few months, Chishimba has been very vocal about corruption in government and often features on various media platforms to discuss several government deals which he believes are shrouded by corruption.
The $34.5 million Zambia-Malawi maize scandal is one of the issues he has been very aggressive on and he recently reported home affairs minister Stephen Kampyongo and his sports counterpart Moses Mawere for their alleged involvement in the plunder of resources meant for a Public-Private bus empowerment scheme.Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend