by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Aug 2017
by Diggers Reporter on 23 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017
by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
by Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017
- Guest Diggers
by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Arson spreads as HH heads to courtBy Diggers Reporter on 18 Apr 2017
Katondo Court building in Kabwe yesterday went up in flames in unclear circumstances.
And in Choma, unknown people burnt down a makeshift warehouse at Makalangu Market in Choma, destroying property worth thousands of Kwacha.
Kabwe Mayor Prince Chileshe confirmed that the entire building housing the court had been gutted.
“I arrived on the scene at 02:30hrs. The Zambia Police are investigating the cause of the fire but the guard on duty says he just heard a loud noise like a gunshot or fire work. The next thing the documents caught fire, the ceiling board and the whole building was on fire,” said Chileshe.
And in Choma, Southern Province police commissioner Bonny Kapeso revealed that a makeshift warehouse had been set on fire by unknown people at Makalangu Market in Choma in the early hours of today.
“This is a building where marketeers leave their merchandise after knocking off. The fire started at about 01:50 hours today and was put off around 03:00 hours by the Choma Fire Tenders. The situation is peaceful and police officers have been deployed to deal with perpetrators of violence, should need arise. And police officers in all the districts of Southern Province have been placed on red alert following fears of destabilization in the province,” stated Kapeso.
On Sunday, Chalimbana University in Chongwe and over 120 shops at Kamwala Market were burnt in similar circumstances.
No arrests have been made so far and the causes of all the fires remain unknown.
Meanwhile, UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema is this morning expected to appear in court.
About Diggers Reporter
- PAC notes increased collaboration between internal auditors and AG’s office - 23 Aug 2017
- Chipolopolo coach forgives Fwayo, Chama but not Kalaba - 23 Aug 2017
- Shaka Ssali in to discuss democracy in Zambia - 23 Aug 2017
- Mopani’s threats to prune 4,700 miners is an insult to government, Zambians – Sinkamba - 23 Aug 2017
- Court orders commencement of trial against UPND members accused of obstructing police - 22 Aug 2017
- Lungu would have pardoned HH if court convicted him, says Kampamba Mulenga
- Mopani announces planned retrenchment of 4,700 workers: We are left with no option
- Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner dead
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Shaka Ssali in to discuss democracy in Zambia
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend