by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Arson spreads as HH heads to courtBy Diggers Reporter on 18 Apr 2017
Katondo Court building in Kabwe yesterday went up in flames in unclear circumstances.
And in Choma, unknown people burnt down a makeshift warehouse at Makalangu Market in Choma, destroying property worth thousands of Kwacha.
Kabwe Mayor Prince Chileshe confirmed that the entire building housing the court had been gutted.
“I arrived on the scene at 02:30hrs. The Zambia Police are investigating the cause of the fire but the guard on duty says he just heard a loud noise like a gunshot or fire work. The next thing the documents caught fire, the ceiling board and the whole building was on fire,” said Chileshe.
And in Choma, Southern Province police commissioner Bonny Kapeso revealed that a makeshift warehouse had been set on fire by unknown people at Makalangu Market in Choma in the early hours of today.
“This is a building where marketeers leave their merchandise after knocking off. The fire started at about 01:50 hours today and was put off around 03:00 hours by the Choma Fire Tenders. The situation is peaceful and police officers have been deployed to deal with perpetrators of violence, should need arise. And police officers in all the districts of Southern Province have been placed on red alert following fears of destabilization in the province,” stated Kapeso.
On Sunday, Chalimbana University in Chongwe and over 120 shops at Kamwala Market were burnt in similar circumstances.
No arrests have been made so far and the causes of all the fires remain unknown.
Meanwhile, UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema is this morning expected to appear in court.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- 4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SA - 15 Sep 2019
- Robert Mugabe dies aged 95 - 6 Sep 2019
- FAZ calls off Zambia vs SA friendly - 3 Sep 2019
- Zambia has given us a good environment for business – Orca Deco - 3 Sep 2019
- Mwitwa gives Tutwa 24 hours to apologize - 17 Aug 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (12,247 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,983 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,801 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,312 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (993 views)
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend