- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Police nab arsonistBy Mukosha Funga on 21 Apr 2017
Police have arrested a 32-year-old Lusaka man for attempting to set ablaze one of the buses at Intercity Bus Terminus yesterday.
And police have arrested a suspect who stabbed a bus conductor at UTH and have linked the accused to the UPND.
In a statement today, police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo said Mwila Chungu had been arrested whilst his accomplice in attempting to set buses ablaze was on the run.
“The person who is on the run had set on fire a head sock which he later threw under one of the buses and alert members of the public rushed to the scene and quickly removed it. The members of the public then turned on Mwila Chungu whom they had also suspected and after searching him they found a similar head soak in his bag as the one that was thrown under the bus. They then apprehended him and reported the matter to police. All this happened between 20:00 hours and 21:00 hours yesterday, 20th April, 2017,” Katongo stated.
“The suspect is currently in police custody. Investigations and a manhunt for the person on the run have been instituted.
We therefore thank the alert members of the public for partnering with the police in promoting public security and safety and for preventing the misfortune from happening and we call upon them to continue being alert in avoiding any eventuality from happening.”
And Katongo stated that police had also arrested a suspect who stabbed a bus conductor at UTH and have linked the accused to the UPND.
Although police have not yet identified the suspect, Katongo claimed the accused came from Monze Southern Province.
“We have apprehended one person and we are still looking for two others in connection with the stabbing of a minibus conductor at UTH. The suspect who was in the company of two others is believed to have come from Monze and were using a Toyota Corrolla. After a crowd was pushed from High Court by Police officers, part of it went to UTH bus station where the suspect started demanding money from the victim, the bus conductor Shadreck Njovu. When he told them he had no money one of them stabbed him and rushed to their vehicle to change cloths,” stated Katongo.
“They victimised another person whom they beat up and wanted to burn using a tyre. He was apprehended the same day around 10:00 hours. After searching the motor vehicle, a UPND membership card and UPND Regalia was found. He has been charged with two counts of Aggravated Assault with Intent to steal contrary to section 295 of the Penal Code Cap 87 of the Laws of Zambia. A search for the other two has continued. He is currently undergoing medication at UTH as he fell in a ditch when police were pursuing him and had a dislocation on the leg.”
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- We haven’t warned of a shutdown – Mopani - 19 Aug 2017
- Africa must unite and fight neo-colonialism – Mwila - 19 Aug 2017
- Awkward: Maimane rejects Lungu’s invitation to meet - 19 Aug 2017
- Maimane, Malema have accepted invitation to meet Lungu – Mwamba - 19 Aug 2017
- Mwanawasa was a visionary – HH - 19 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend