- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Four Zambians die in SA accidentBy Mirriam Chabala on 23 Apr 2017
The Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) has confirmed that four Zambians died this morning in a road traffic accident involving a Jitotwe bus in South Africa.
In a statement today, RTSA Chief Executive Officer Zindaba Soko said the accident happened in Louise Richard town and the bus belonged to Zambia’s Lukumo General Dealers.
“The Road Transport and Safety Agency (RATSA) wishes to confirm that a Jitotwe bus registration number ALF 3704, belonging to Lukumo General Dealers has been involved in an accident in South Africa. This happened in Louise Richard town, just near Polakwane,” Soko stated.
“Authorities in South Africa have confirmed through Lukumo general dealers that four people have been confirmed dead. One female, one infant and two males.”
Soko stated that the names of the deceased would only be availed after their families had been identified.
“However, the names of the deceased remain withheld by the South African Authorities and will only be availed officially after the next of kin’s to the families have been identified,” stated Soko.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station - 19 Oct 2017
- ERB too quick at hiking prices, slow on reducing – CUTS - 18 Oct 2017
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba - 18 Oct 2017
- Promise to stop stealing before inviting us for prayers, HH tells PF - 18 Oct 2017
- Mwila reserves party position on calls for Mulusa’s dismissal - 17 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend