- by Citizen journalist on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 26 Sep 2017by Ruth Tembo on 26 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
DEC nabs Lusaka woman for money launderingBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Sep 2017
The Drug Enforcement Commission has arrested a 28-year-old female administration officer in Lusaka for obtaining over K400,000 under false pretences and money laundering.
Meanwhile, Drug Enforcement Commision has also arrested and charged two Lusaka residents for being in possession of $10,000 counterfeit notes.
In a statement today, DEC public relations officer Theresa Katongo said that the female administration officer identified as Mwansa Carol Musaba, while acting with other unknown people, attached already paid invoices to delivery notes claiming payments to a known mining company.
“DEC through its Anti-Money Laundering Investigations Unit in Lusaka has arrested 28 year old Mwansa Carol Musaba, an administration officer of 54 Chamba valley for obtaining money by false pretences, uttering of false documents and money laundering,” Katongo said.
“On dates unknown but between January 1, 2015 and April 30, 2017, Mwansa Carol Musaba whilst acting together with other unknown persons, attached copies of invoices which were already paid to various delivery notes and submitted them to a known Mining Company claiming payments amounting to K402,000. The payments were made to her company account which were later withdrawn.”
Katongo further said Musaba, who is currently on police bond, engaged in money laundering activities by procuring a motor vehicle using proceeds of crime and later sold it.
And Katongo stated that two people had been nabbed for being in possession of counterfeit notes.
“And still in Lusaka, the Commission has arrested and jointly charged two (02) people for being in possession of $10,000 United States Dollar counterfeit notes. Those arrested and jointly charged include Doreen Walubita, 40, of Matero East and Dieson Mukisi, 58, of Libala South for being in possession of $10, 000 United States Dollar counterfeit notes,” stated Katongo.
She said all the suspects will appear in court soon.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
- Riots in Ndola after high speed police chase kills vendor - 26 Sep 2017
- Political Parties Bill is evil – ZCSD - 26 Sep 2017
- PF used DCs, govt resources to campaign – Nalumango - 26 Sep 2017
- Company abuse at Indeni is common in parastatals – Milupi - 26 Sep 2017
- Govt expected us to refuse offer so that we lose out – Union - 26 Sep 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend