by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Lungu pleads innocent on fire tenders, calls for probeBy Joseph Mwenda on 21 Sep 2017
President Edgar Lungu says he is as blank as everyone else on the US$42 million controversial fire tenders, and has called on investigative wings to show interest in probing the issue.
The Head of State was speaking in New York yesterday when he addressed Zambians living in the United State.
“There has been an outcry about the recently acquired fire trucks and I think that those charged with the responsibility to investigate must show interest in the matter,” President Lungu said.
The President said he was not corrupt as some people believed.
“I won’t be intimidated by allegations of corruption from some people (in apparent reference to Chishimba Kambwili) because I am not corrupt. I am as blank as everybody else on the fire tender contract. Let those with evidence of corruption in the fire tender procurement present it to investigative wings instead of just making noise,” he said.
President Lungu said it was common for people who lost government tenders to raise questions against their competitors, out of bitterness.
“I know also that whenever a tender is given to one person the other loser raises questions, but since there is a lot of protests over this one those with information of wrong doing must come forward,” said President Lungu.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 11 Sep 2019
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe - 11 Sep 2019
- Lungu must address debt, loadshedding, mealie meal prices in Parley address – CSPR - 10 Sep 2019
- Don’t ask for credit, find who owns 48 houses, APNAC challenges ACC - 9 Sep 2019
- Van Blerk loses appeal over Baobab land - 2 Sep 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (3,245 views)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,424 view)
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba's legitimacy in court (1,248 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,116 view)
- UTH hikes user fees (1,029 view)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend