by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
3 juveniles die in Samfya mine accidentBy Diggers Reporter on 21 Jan 2019
Three juveniles have died in a mine accident which occurred in Fipe area, Shinkole village of Samfya District in Luapula Province.
In a statement, Sunday, police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo narrated that the three juveniles were mining manganese.
“Three juveniles have died in a mine accident which happened at Fipe area at Shinkole village in Senior Chief Mwewa’s area. The three juveniles are Felix Kalembe aged 11 years of Shinkole village Chief Mwewa, a grade two pupil at Chamalawa primary school , Stainslous Kope aged 15 years of Chamalawa village , and and Kelvin Kope aged 13 all pupils at Chamalawa primary school. One person identified as Saviour Kope aged 11 who was in the company of the deceased escaped unhurt. This occurred on 19th January, 2019 at 1400 hours at Shinkole village in Senior Chief Mwewa as the victims were mining Manganese mineral at the mine,” stated Katongo.
“The bodies were retrieved by members of the public at 16th hours the same day and are in Samfya District Hospital mortuary.”
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Byta FM partners with govt to fight climate change - 15 Oct 2019
- Criminal kills CBU lecturer, rapes Kalulushi student - 5 Oct 2019
- Screening reveals increased lung infection among miners – Musukwa - 20 Sep 2019
- 4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SA - 15 Sep 2019
- Robert Mugabe dies aged 95 - 6 Sep 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (3,209 views)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,414 view)
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba's legitimacy in court (1,210 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,110 view)
- UTH hikes user fees (1,026 view)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend