by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
ACC nabs Legal Aid Board officer for corruption involving K7,500By Thomas Mulenga on 8 Feb 2019
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) in Mansa has arrested Oscar Mudenda, 37, a Legal Aid Board officer, for allegedly having received K7,500 using corrupt means.
In a statement released, Tuesday, ACC Corporate Affairs officer Christopher Chibanku stated the suspect allegedly obtained the said amount of money from a Mansa resident as an inducement for him to influence the outcome in a court case before the Mansa Subordinate Court.
“The Anti-Corruption Commission in Mansa had arrested a Legal Aid Counsel for the Legal Aid Board for corrupt practices involving K7,500.00, Oscar Mudenda, aged 37, of plot No.1883 Musenga area has been charged with two counts of corrupt practices by public officer contrary to section 19 (1) as read with section 41 of the Anti-Corruption Act No.3 of 2012 of the laws of Zambia,” Chibanku disclosed.
“Details in the first count are that on unknown dates but between 1st January, 2019, and 4th February, 2019, in Mansa District, Oscar Mudenda being a public officer namely a Legal Aid Counsel at the Legal Aid Board, jointly and whilst acting together with other unknown persons, corruptly solicited for K5,000.00 into his ZAPIT account associated with his mobile number from a named Mansa resident as an inducement or reward for himself to influence the outcome of a matter that was before the courts of law at Mansa Subordinate Court. A matter or transaction concerning the Legal Aid Board, a public body.”
And Chibanku revealed that the suspect had been released on police bond, and that he was due to appear in court soon.
“Details in the second count are that on 4th January, 2019, in Mansa District, Oscar Mudenda being a public officer, namely Legal Aid Counsel, jointly and whilst acting together with other persons unknown, did corruptly solicit for and actually received K2,500.00 from a named Mansa resident as an inducement for himself to influence the outcome of a matter that was before the courts of law at Mansa Subordinate Court. A matter or transaction concerning the Legal Aid Board. Oscar Mudenda has been released on bond and will appear in court soon,” stated Chibanku.
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga has a special interest in political news, current affairs, community and education news.
- Registrar of Societies playing foolish politics – NAREP - 31 May 2019
- Lungu committed to delivering health care services – Chilufya - 31 May 2019
- Austerity measures a sham – Kambwili - 31 May 2019
- NAREP opposes cancellation of agricultural shows in 3 provinces - 30 May 2019
- Kang’ombe’s victory in Sesheke petition a lesson to PF – UPND - 30 May 2019
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,041 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,114 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,027 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,003 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (981 views)
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend