by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Kasama police nab man for killing brother over MangoesBy Mirriam Chabala on 8 Feb 2019
Police in Northern Province have arrested a 42-year-old man of Chief Mwamba’s Tibi village in Kasama district for axing his younger brother to death for plucking mangoes from his tree.
In a statement, police deputy spokesperson Rae Hamoonga disclosed that Chomba Oliver Mulenga axed his 34-year-old brother, Chomba Anthony, who sustained four deep cuts on the neck and right leg.
“Police in Kasama have arrested a 42 year old man identified as Chomba Oliver Mulenga of Kasama District for allegedly murdering his young brother identified as Chomba Anthony aged 34.
The incident happened on 6th February, 2019 around 16:30 hours in Kasama, Tibi village, Chief Mwamba. The suspect is alleged to have used an axe, the victim sustained four deep cuts on the neck and one on the right leg. Brief facts are that the deceased had plucked some mangoes from the suspect’s mango tree,” Hamoonga stated.
“In a similar incident Police in Lavushimanda have arrested a 25-year-old man identified as Andrew Musukwa of Muchinga Province for allegedly murdering Christopher Chitalu Musonda aged 72 years. The incident happened between on 31st January and 4th 2019 around 16:00 hours and 4th February, 2019 17:00 hours in Lavushimanda District, Ngosa village, Chief Mpumba. The suspect is alleged to have hit the victim with an axe handle on the head and he sustained a deep cut.”
And in another matter, police in Luapula Province are investigating a reported murder case which occurred on 6th February, in which a female identified as Nyambe Abigail aged 17 was allegedly murdered by unknown people.
“Police at Mansa Police Station are investigating a report of murder which occurred on 6th February, 2019 between 06:00 hours and 10:00 hours at Kalikeka Village, Chief Kalasa Lukangaba in Mansa District in which a female identified as Nyambe Abigail aged 17 was allegedly murdered by unknown persons. The deceased was found dead on the road side between the residential areas leading to Muchinka Day Secondary School. We are appealing to residents of Kalikeka Village who may have information leading to the arrest of the person/persons behind this murder to report to the nearest police post/police station,” stated Hamoonga.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Debt repayments mustn’t impede social sector spending in 2020 budget – ZTP - 10 Oct 2019
- UPND accuses Siamunene of exploiting hunger crisis to make political comeback - 9 Oct 2019
- Corruption, tribalism must be key prayer points on Oct 18 – CCZ - 8 Oct 2019
- It was impossible to consult everyone on Bill 10 – Lubinda - 4 Oct 2019
- Foote urges Zambian youth to get tested for HIV - 4 Oct 2019
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,094 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,144 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,061 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,059 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,017 view)
- ECZ’s failure to ban violent parties is killing people
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption – Kambwili
- ECZ CEO explains why no party was disqualified despite violence in Kaoma
- Nkombo wonders how “inflicting misery on people” will help Lungu win 2021
- PF has been lying on Sinking Fund reserves – Kakubo
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend