- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Samfya businessman reports couple that attempted to sell him human heartBy Mirriam Chabala on 14 Feb 2019
Police in Samfya District of Luapula Province have arrested a couple for allegedly killing their neighbour’s three-year-old son and removing the heart for sale.
However the intended buyer reported the couple to the police, leading to the arrest of the suspects.
Bonaventure Mwewa and his wife Esnart of Kabanga area in Samfya are currently in detention at Samfya Police station after being reported to have murdered their neighbour’s son, whose heart they allegedly attempted to sell to Patrick Mwansa, a local businessman.
A source at Luapula Police Division told News Diggers! that Mwansa expressed shock at the offer presented to him, and instead rushed to report the matter to the police, who immediately moved in and apprehended the couple.
“There is a couple, which killed their neighbour’s son in Kabanga area. The couple’s names are Bonaventure Mwewa and Esnart Mwewa. They even removed his heart, which they went to sell to a local businessman Patrick Mwansa. They told him that they needed money. But Mr Mwansa expressed shock that he doesn’t deal in ritual dealings and reported the matter to the police. Police quickly moved in and arrested the couple last night (Monday night). The body and heart of the boy, who was only three years old, are lying in the hospital mortuary at Samfya District Hospital,” narrated the source.
Police Spokesperson Esther Katongo confirmed the arrest in a statement but could not name the suspects, apart from stating that the couple was aged 27 and 22 respectively and both from Kabanga village in Chief Kasoma Bangweulu’s area.
“It was reported that on Sunday, 10th February 2019, around 12:00 hours, the deceased went missing from his home and his uncle aged 47, made a report at Samfya police station. After intensive investigations, the two suspects led the police to the scene of murder where they found the body of the child bundled in a sack and hidden in the bush. Police also recovered a suspected human heart, which was concealed in a lunchbox, believed to have been removed from the deceased,” explained katongo.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kabimba to commence judicial review proceedings into 48 houses scandal - 12 Aug 2019
- It’s nonsense for Lungu to exclude himself from austerity measures – Kambwili - 12 Aug 2019
- We need genuine dialogue before any constitutional amendment – Sacika - 12 Aug 2019
- UPND responds to Moonga: Tribal campaigns no longer sell because we are all suffering - 9 Aug 2019
- Govt can’t announce new KCM investor because case is in court – Musukwa - 9 Aug 2019
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (2,637 views)
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,474 views)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (2,050 views)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (1,413 view)
- Ingredients are right for UPND to form govt - HH (1,083 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend