by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 18 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 18 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Douty Chibamba on 19 Oct 2019by Felicity Kayumba Kalunga on 18 Oct 2019by Patricia Scotland, Commonwealth Secretary-General on 17 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
NDF expels Kang’ombeBy Mirriam Chabala on 13 May 2019
The National Dialogue Forum (NDF) has expelled Kitwe Mayor Christopher Kang’ombe from attending deliberations at Mulungushi International Conference Centre or allegedly defying the forum’s Act.
Acting Secretary to Cabinet Patrick Kangwa disclosed this in a letter dated 10th May, 2019, in which Kang’ombe was being asked to surrender his identity card and all correspondence relating to the forum.
And Kangwa has written to the Local Government Association of Zambia (LGAZ), asking the association to nominate a different representative.
“Following the sitting of the National Dialogue Forum held on 9th May, 2019, at which you attended in the company of your legal representative, the Committee at the conclusion of the hearing, found you in breach of sections 6 (4) and 12 (1) of the National Dialogue (Constitution, Electoral Process, Public Order and Political Parties) Act, 2019. The Committee in exercise of it’s powers under section 7 (2) has decided to expel you from the forum with immediate effect,” Kangwa stated.
“You are therefore notified that pursuant to section 5 (1) of the National Dialogue Act, 2019 as read with section 26 of the Interpretations of General Provisions Act, Chapter 2 of the laws of Zambia, your appointment to the National Dialogue Forum is revoked with effect from the date of this letter . You are accordingly directed to surrender your identity card and all reference material relating to the forum immediately.”
And in another letter, Kangwa requested the LGAZ to appoint a different representative for the association at the NDF.
“Following the expulsioj of your representative at the National Dialogue Forum, Mr. Christopher Kang’ombe, you are advised to nominate a new representative the forum in place of Mr. Kang’ombe,” stated Kangwa.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Tough decisions will be made despite close 2021 polls – Lungu - 19 Oct 2019
- It’s not govt’s responsibility to pay council workers, councils must raise own money – Minister - 17 Oct 2019
- Chipata police arrest Egyptians for ‘nasty rape’ - 17 Oct 2019
- Underinvestment has led to limited growth in Agric sector – CTPD - 17 Oct 2019
- Govt hasn’t done enough to avert hunger crisis – Gwembe MP - 15 Oct 2019
- Police should not wear masks (2,703 views)
- Phiri explains heavy police presence in Lusaka's CBD (2,423 views)
- Benny Zulu led us to the crime scene for reconstruction, Cop tells court (1,720 view)
- Namugala curtails homosexuality debates (1,492 view)
- You're being dared, pull up your socks, Kampyongo tells law enforcement agencies (1,025 view)
- Load shedding: The underlying causes that we are overlooking
- Tough decisions will be made despite close 2021 polls – Lungu
- The Proposed 2019 Constitution Amendment Bill: A Threat to Zambia’s Democracy?
- Police should not wear masks
- SA’s renewed load shedding puts Zesco power import deal at risk – Eskom
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend