by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Mansa Police launch manhunt for father who defiled 9-year-old daughterBy Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019
Police in Mansa have launched a manhunt for a father who allegedly defiled his nine-year-old biological daughter at a funeral house.
According to police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo, the victim’s mother had left her in the custody of the father to attend a workshop, and only discovered the defilement ordeal after returning.
“Police in Mansa received a report of defilement in which a female victim aged nine years of Mimpolombo Village, Chief Matanda of Mansa District is alleged to have been defiled by her biological father. The report was made by the victim’s mother aged 28. This is alleged to have occurred between 10th July 2019 around 14:30 hours and 19th July 2019 around 19:00 hours,” Katongo stated.
“It was reported that the mother to the victim had gone to attend a workshop at a local hotel on 10th July 2019 at 14:30 hours leaving her two female juveniles aged nine and four years respectively in the custody of their father and when she went back home on 19th July 2019 around 19:00 hours, she found the children and her husband spending nights at a funeral house in the neighbourhood and the following morning on 20th July 2019, the children returned home but her husband never returned.”
Katongo stated that the mother to the victim reported the defilement case after the daughter disclosed what her father did to her.
“She then noticed that the victim was limping and when asked, the victim revealed that her father had been having canal knowledge of her ever since their mother left them with him. The victim sustained bruises on her private parts and had her private parts had pass,” said Katongo.
“People at the funeral house were alerted but the suspect had already escaped. a search for the suspect has been launched as he is currently on the run.”
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom - 15 Oct 2019
- TIZ raises red flag against Govt, AVIC on Kafulafuta, Sata Toll Plazas - 8 Oct 2019
- Govt single-sourced AVIC…to construct the $4.3m Toll Plaza which broke down months later - 7 Oct 2019
- Kaoma police nab UPND cadre in shooting incident - 6 Oct 2019
- DEC withdraws summon on Findlay - 3 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,844 views)
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,401 views)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,813 view)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,808 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,613 view)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend