- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Daniel Chansa on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 17 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Zambia focusing on agriculture diversification – MvungaBy Charles Mafa on 22 May 2017
Deputy Secretary to the Cabinet Christopher Mvunga says Zambia is committed to enhancing its path to further diversify the economy to agriculture.
Mvunga was speaking on arrival in Ahmedabad, India, for this year’s Africa Development Bank-AfDB annual meeting.
In a statement issued by first secretary for press and tourism at the Zambian Embassy in India, Bangwe Naviley, Mvunga said the country was going flat out to tap into the international best practices that would realise the diversification agenda.
And Zambia’s High Commissioner to India Judith Kapijimpanga said the country wants to get the best out of AfDB meetings as the reliance on mining has had challenges.
She said Finance Minister Felix Mutati is tomorrow expected in India to attend this year’s AfDB annual convention to strengthen trade ties with other African Countries.
Kapijimpanga said the meeting would also allow Zambia to get the best out of AfDB’s agenda in line with the theme “Creating wealth through agriculture,” which is in line with the 7th National Development Plan.
The High Commissioner added that this year’s meeting follows a successful 2016 AfDB annual meeting held in Lusaka from May 23 to May 27, 2016.
Kapijimpanga said the AfDB has 81 member countries of which 57 are from Africa and India is among the 24 non-regional member countries.
The 2017 AfDB annual meetings will be held from May 22 to 28 at Mahatma Mandir under the theme ‘Transforming Agriculture for wealth creation in Africa.”
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to inaugurate the upcoming AfDB Group’s annual convention in Ghandinagar on May 23, 2017.
About Charles Mafa
Charles Mafa is an Award winning investigative journalist, columnist and blogger.
Email: charles [at] diggers [dot] news
- Chinese rhino smugglers named - 15 Aug 2017
- Govt confirms arrest of Chinese smugglers - 31 Jul 2017
- Zambia arrests 3 Chinese, 2 locals for possessing 25 rhino horns - 29 Jul 2017
- Kwacha down to 8.8 per dollar - 13 Jul 2017
- Increased Zesco tariffs have caused rise in inflation – CSO - 1 Jul 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend