by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
IDC appoints Zambia Airways board membersBy Stuart Lisulo on 31 Dec 2018
The Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) Group announced the appointment of six members of the board of directors of Zambia Airways, who include former Attorney General Bonaventure Mutale, among others, with immediate effect.
In a statement issued by IDC public relations manager Namakau Mukelabai, Friday, IDC Chief Executive Officer Mateyo Kaluba announced the appointment of the six directors, who comprise three Zambians and three Ethiopians respectively.
On the Zambian side, Mutale will be joined by former Zambia Airports Corporation Limited (ZACL) managing director Robinson Misitala and Ministry of Transport and Communications Permanent Secretary Misheck Lungu, while the Ethiopian directors are: Ethiopian Airlines Group Chief Executive Officer, Tewolde GebreMariam; Ethiopian Airlines Vice President for Marketing, Rahel Assefa, and Ethiopian Airlines Vice President Internal Audit and Compliance, Kassim Geresu.
An additional member of the board representing IDC will be appointed later, bringing the number of IDC appointees to four, while the chair of the board will be selected from the members representing the IDC, according to Mukelabai.
Commenting on the appointees, Kaluba hailed the new directors’ broad-ranging skill-set for the task of spearheading the process to operationalise Zambia Airways.
“The skills mix and vast experience of the board members gives us the confidence that we have the right team to actualise the joint investment between IDC and Ethiopian Airlines”, Kaluba said.
He further said the board would have regular interactions with the media and the general public to ensure effective communication and information sharing.
On August 19, 2018, the IDC and Ethiopian Airlines held a signing ceremony in Lusaka to mark the agreement as shareholders of Zambia Airways.
As strategic partners on the national airline project, IDC will hold a 55 per cent equity in the national carrier, with Ethiopian Airlines holding 45 per cent stake.
In October, 2018, Transport and Communications Minister Brian Mushimba told Parliament that the date for the launch of the much-hyped national airline had been extended to early 2019 to allow for the certification and registration processes to be completed.
About Stuart Lisulo
Stuart Lisulo is an experienced journalist with a focus on business news.
Email: stuart [at] diggers [dot] news
- Barrick plans full sale of Lumwana - 12 Oct 2019
- MTN appoints Hofker as new CEO, replacing van Dalsen - 8 Oct 2019
- Mineworkers union, local contractors hail Milingo for keeping KCM ‘afloat’ - 24 Sep 2019
- PWYP advises govt to invest windfall earnings into sovereign wealth funds - 23 Sep 2019
- 20,000 mining jobs at risk due to sales tax, Chamber warns - 19 Sep 2019
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,041 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,114 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,027 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,003 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (981 views)
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend