- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 17 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
HH files request to start treason trial tomorrowBy Diggers Reporter on 29 May 2017
Opposition UPND president Hakainde Hichilema has asked the Lusaka magistrate court to call his treason case tomorrow so that he can be surrendered to the High Court for trial without delaying the matter further through a judicial review process.
On Friday last week magistrate David Simusamba adjourned Hichilema’s treason case to June 12 to allow him and his co accused seek judicial review in the high court.
This was after the defence legal team objected to the letter of committal on grounds that it had not been signed by the substantive DPP.
But Hichilema’s lawyer Mulambo Haimbe has filed a notice to abridge time by bringing the case to tomorrow (May 30) or a date suitable for the court as opposed to June 12.
Mulambo says his client had decided not to seek judicial review as advised by the court to challenge the validity of the committal certificate signed by deputy chief state advocate Marriam Bah Matandala.
“The defense team is in receipt of instructions from the accused not to exercise that option.” Mulambo submitted.
“The accused is desirous that the date of hearing be brought forward in view of instructions not to proceed with the judicial review.”
About Diggers Reporter
- Residential plots under Zesco poles shock Kapata - 14 Oct 2017
- Benos and Reeves fought over his accusations of cheating – Witness - 13 Oct 2017
- Drop murder charge, Mukata asks court - 13 Oct 2017
- Dickson donates 20 computers to Matero school - 12 Oct 2017
- Police finally charge Precious’ boyfriend with murder - 11 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend