by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Mar 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 23 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 23 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
High Court to hear 48 suspended UPND MPs on ThursdayBy Diggers Reporter on 26 Jun 2017
The Lusaka High Court will on Thursday hear a Judicial Review by 48 UPND members of parliament challenging Speaker of the National Assembly Dr Patrick Matibini’s decision to suspend them from the House for boycotting President Edgar Lungu’s address.
High Court judge Petronella Ngulube with hear the parliamentarians and the Attorney General who has been cited as the respondent.
This comes after judge Ngulube granted the MPs leave to apply for Judicial Review.
In this matter, Nalikwanda member of parliament Geoffrey Lungwangwa and 47 others asked the court to quash their suspension on grounds that the Speaker’s decision was illegal.
Meanwhile, the Constitutional Court has reserved ruling to a later date without hearing arguments from Kasama central member of parliament Kelvin Sampa as to why the election petition appeal should be dismissed.
His lawyer Kelvin Bwalya Fube failed to file heads of arguments on which to base the hearing.
ConCourt vice president said the court could not hear Sampa for failing to follow the procedure of filling.
Bwalya intended to orally argue the matter which move the court had not allowed as they were not availed the arguments.
The appellant, Sibongile Mwamba, has however insisted that the High Court verdict should be overturned because satanic remarks about her presidential candidacy highly disadvantaged her during the race.
About Diggers Reporter
- Bauleni mob descends on ‘ritual killer’ - 23 Mar 2018
- Printing ballots locally is about sovereignty, national security – PF - 22 Mar 2018
- HH is a contraceptive for unity, dialogue – Nakacinda - 22 Mar 2018
- Kafue residents rise as govt turns ‘3 million’ hectares of land to commercial - 21 Mar 2018
- It’s unfair to mislead Zambians that all is well – Mweetwa - 19 Mar 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- KBF is nothing but a mercenary in the eyes of the PF leadership
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Father kills son, daughter, before committing suicide
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend