by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 18 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 17 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 18 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Douty Chibamba on 19 Oct 2019by Felicity Kayumba Kalunga on 18 Oct 2019by Patricia Scotland, Commonwealth Secretary-General on 17 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Accused murderers of ZAF soldier granted bailBy Diggers Reporter on 28 Jun 2017
Four people accused of murdering Flight Sergeant Mark Choongwa, a Zambia Air Force officer, have been granted K3,000 cash bail.
When the matter came up for mention today, Magistrate Nthandose Chabala granted the manslaughter-accused quarterent bail after their lawyer made an application arguing that they were of fixed aboard.
“Manslaughter is not among the non bailable offenses so I will grant you bail…Until you meet such conditions you will be remanded in custody,” said magistrate Chabala
The accused include two police officers; Veronica Lucy Shawa and Mike Kapale.
Others are Lyton Mwale a driver and James Ngulube an archives clerk.
The court said Kapale, Mwale and James were required to provide three working sureties bound at K10,000 each whilst for Veronica, though bound in the like sum, it would be in their own recognizance.
The three male accused persons made their bail application through their lawyer Grace Mukulamutiyo after the court granted Shawa bail as her lawyer applied for bail last week Friday when they made the first appearance in court.
On March 17, Flight Sergent Choongwa was murdered in police custody at Woodlands Police Station where he was detained for a traffic offence.
Initially, police charged four inmates, Joseph Phiri, Andrew Kaoma a police officer from Kamfinsa mobile unit, Felix Kalube and Martin Chanda for the murder of Choongwa but these never appeared in court until the current suspects were presented to the court.
Some uniformed police officers came to follow the proceedings today.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Byta FM partners with govt to fight climate change - 15 Oct 2019
- Criminal kills CBU lecturer, rapes Kalulushi student - 5 Oct 2019
- Screening reveals increased lung infection among miners – Musukwa - 20 Sep 2019
- 4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SA - 15 Sep 2019
- Robert Mugabe dies aged 95 - 6 Sep 2019
- Police should not wear masks (2,734 views)
- Phiri explains heavy police presence in Lusaka's CBD (2,442 views)
- Benny Zulu led us to the crime scene for reconstruction, Cop tells court (1,736 view)
- Namugala curtails homosexuality debates (1,524 view)
- You're being dared, pull up your socks, Kampyongo tells law enforcement agencies (1,040 view)
- Load shedding: The underlying causes that we are overlooking
- Tough decisions will be made despite close 2021 polls – Lungu
- The Proposed 2019 Constitution Amendment Bill: A Threat to Zambia’s Democracy?
- Police should not wear masks
- SA’s renewed load shedding puts Zesco power import deal at risk – Eskom
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend