- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Accused murderers of ZAF soldier granted bailBy Diggers Reporter on 28 Jun 2017
Four people accused of murdering Flight Sergeant Mark Choongwa, a Zambia Air Force officer, have been granted K3,000 cash bail.
When the matter came up for mention today, Magistrate Nthandose Chabala granted the manslaughter-accused quarterent bail after their lawyer made an application arguing that they were of fixed aboard.
“Manslaughter is not among the non bailable offenses so I will grant you bail…Until you meet such conditions you will be remanded in custody,” said magistrate Chabala
The accused include two police officers; Veronica Lucy Shawa and Mike Kapale.
Others are Lyton Mwale a driver and James Ngulube an archives clerk.
The court said Kapale, Mwale and James were required to provide three working sureties bound at K10,000 each whilst for Veronica, though bound in the like sum, it would be in their own recognizance.
The three male accused persons made their bail application through their lawyer Grace Mukulamutiyo after the court granted Shawa bail as her lawyer applied for bail last week Friday when they made the first appearance in court.
On March 17, Flight Sergent Choongwa was murdered in police custody at Woodlands Police Station where he was detained for a traffic offence.
Initially, police charged four inmates, Joseph Phiri, Andrew Kaoma a police officer from Kamfinsa mobile unit, Felix Kalube and Martin Chanda for the murder of Choongwa but these never appeared in court until the current suspects were presented to the court.
Some uniformed police officers came to follow the proceedings today.
About Diggers Reporter
- Zambia finally train in Ndola after 24 hour delay - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt refuses to join Lungu to 2021 eligibility case - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt allows inmates to vote - 16 Aug 2017
- Wedson upbeat despite Chipolopolo draw with Bafana - 13 Aug 2017
- Lsk man gets one year for stealing two Bibles - 10 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend