- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
HH challenges move to return him to MukobekoBy Diggers Reporter on 28 Jun 2017
UPND president Hakainde Hichilema has opposed an application by the Zambia Correctional Service to return him to Mukobeko Maximum Prison.
On Friday, Lusaka Central Prison officer in charge Patrick Ngonga asked the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court to transfer HH to citing security reasons.
In an affidavit filed before the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court with a certificate of urgency Ngonga told the court that the correctional facility would always avail HH to court when needed no matter the location at which he was held.
“That I wish to apply to this honorable court to vary its order to the effect that the complainants should be availed before the court as and when they are required to attend to the proceedings and not to be remanded at Lusaka Central Facility on the reasons to be given in subsequent paragraphs. That the Correctional Serives Authority are the best suited to determine which correctional facility an accused person is to be lodged. That the complainants are remaded as accused persons by the Correctional Services Authority and are appearing in their capacity as complainants and witnesses respectively before this court. That the Lusaka Central Correctional Facility is not as secure as Mukobeko Maximum Correctional Facility due to its location,” swore Ngonga.
But HH, through his lawyer Vincent Malambo, wants the court to dismiss the prisons request arguing that it does not have the locus standi to move the court in line with the provisions of the Constitution and state proceedings act.
Malambo also wants the court to determine whether or not the application for variation of order is defective for not citing the provisions pursuant to which the application has been made.
Malambo intends to raise these preliminary issues on July 12, 2017 when the matter comes up before magistrate Ireen Wishimanga.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Castle Lager postpones 2020 Africa 5s due to COVID-19 - 27 Mar 2020
- Police nab ‘Spax’ for murder - 2 Mar 2020
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us? (12,338 views)
- I am under quarantine, but fine - Davies Chama (4,407 views)
- Kampyongo says accusing him of being in quarantine is like alleging that Diggers editor is HIV positive (4,024 views)
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown? (3,287 views)
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu (3,242 views)
- Govt will start distributing free masks – Chilufya
- Absa re-opens Centro Mall branch
- Kampyongo, Ng’andu released from quarantine after testing negative to COVID-19 – Chilufya
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Kampyongo says accusing him of being in quarantine is like alleging that Diggers editor is HIV positive
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
[search_popup]Send this to a friend