- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
UNZA lecturer, student in court for theft of accomodation feesBy Mukosha Funga on 12 Jul 2017
A University of Zambia lecturer and a student have been sued by the state for theft of student’s accommodation fees.
Edward Sichali, a lecturer, and Mend Sankutu, a student, allegedly stole K33,500 from five people who wanted accommodation.
According to Sichali’s indictment, the 29-year-old lecturer stole K15,500 from two students whom he promised to secure accommodation for.
“On unknown dates but between 1st January 2017 and 31st January 2017 in Lusaka did steal K10,000 cash which was entrusted to him by Phillip Banda to pay accommodation at the University of Zambia on his behalf, property of Natasha Mwila,” read the first count of theft by agent.
In the second count, Sichali is accused of stealing K5,500 entrusted to him by Mwansa Chimundu to pay for accommodation on his behalf.
And in a separate indictment, Sankutu is alleged to have stolen K18,000 from three students; Felix Yusiku, Chihola Ndumba and Joyce Mumba in a similar fashion in November 2016.
When the matter came up, the duo pleaded not guilty.
Trial commences soon.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Court throws out K5bn suit against Mutinta Hichilema - 16 Dec 2017
- NDC attackers are PF sympathisers, but not our members – Kamba - 16 Dec 2017
- Miles rejoins PF, endorses Lungu for 2021 - 14 Dec 2017
- Solicitor General challenges subpoena against Silungwe - 13 Dec 2017
- Let ZAWA complain about my rat song, not PF – Pilato - 13 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend