- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
UNZA lecturer, student in court for theft of accomodation feesBy Mukosha Funga on 12 Jul 2017
A University of Zambia lecturer and a student have been sued by the state for theft of student’s accommodation fees.
Edward Sichali, a lecturer, and Mend Sankutu, a student, allegedly stole K33,500 from five people who wanted accommodation.
According to Sichali’s indictment, the 29-year-old lecturer stole K15,500 from two students whom he promised to secure accommodation for.
“On unknown dates but between 1st January 2017 and 31st January 2017 in Lusaka did steal K10,000 cash which was entrusted to him by Phillip Banda to pay accommodation at the University of Zambia on his behalf, property of Natasha Mwila,” read the first count of theft by agent.
In the second count, Sichali is accused of stealing K5,500 entrusted to him by Mwansa Chimundu to pay for accommodation on his behalf.
And in a separate indictment, Sankutu is alleged to have stolen K18,000 from three students; Felix Yusiku, Chihola Ndumba and Joyce Mumba in a similar fashion in November 2016.
When the matter came up, the duo pleaded not guilty.
Trial commences soon.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- Southern Africa Human Rights Defenders Network calls for Sangwa’s reinstatement - 20 Mar 2020
- Parley adjournment God-given opportunity to campaign for Bill 10 – Lubinda - 20 Mar 2020
- UN Rapporteur on Independence of Judges and Lawyers defends Sangwa - 16 Mar 2020
- Judiciary bars Sangwa from appearing before any Zambian court - 13 Mar 2020
- I’ll limit my campaign to LAZ members – Shonga - 13 Mar 2020
- Cabinet debates total lockdown (31,379 views)
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish! (12,167 views)
- Sangwa asks Lungu to declare State of Emergency (9,663 views)
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus - Siliya (8,871 views)
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29 (8,295 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «March 2020»
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29
- We’ve started mobilizing funds to fight COVID-19 – Ng’andu
- Justice Without Remedy? A Comment on the Constitutional Court Judgment in the Case of Kambwili v Attorney General
- Philosophy & Homosexuality
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish!
- Cabinet debates total lockdown
- What will be Mr Lungu’s achievements by 2021?
- Chitalu announces 6 more Covid-19 cases
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus – Siliya
- LCC not ready for COVID-19, says Mayor
- COVID-19 cases rise to 22
- Topstar removes Prime TV from its platforms
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend