- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
UNZA lecturer, student in court for theft of accomodation feesBy Mukosha Funga on 12 Jul 2017
A University of Zambia lecturer and a student have been sued by the state for theft of student’s accommodation fees.
Edward Sichali, a lecturer, and Mend Sankutu, a student, allegedly stole K33,500 from five people who wanted accommodation.
According to Sichali’s indictment, the 29-year-old lecturer stole K15,500 from two students whom he promised to secure accommodation for.
“On unknown dates but between 1st January 2017 and 31st January 2017 in Lusaka did steal K10,000 cash which was entrusted to him by Phillip Banda to pay accommodation at the University of Zambia on his behalf, property of Natasha Mwila,” read the first count of theft by agent.
In the second count, Sichali is accused of stealing K5,500 entrusted to him by Mwansa Chimundu to pay for accommodation on his behalf.
And in a separate indictment, Sankutu is alleged to have stolen K18,000 from three students; Felix Yusiku, Chihola Ndumba and Joyce Mumba in a similar fashion in November 2016.
When the matter came up, the duo pleaded not guilty.
Trial commences soon.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Kambwili pleads not guilty to traffic offenses - 21 Aug 2017
- Govt u-turns on mandatory HIV testing - 21 Aug 2017
- Kambwili in court for traffic offenses - 21 Aug 2017
- Allowing prisoners to vote will bring confusion- FDD - 20 Aug 2017
- We haven’t warned of a shutdown – Mopani - 19 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend