- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Student appears in court for defamation of the PresidentBy Mukosha Funga on 31 Jul 2017
A 28-year-old DMI St Eugine student has appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court for three counts of defamation of the President.
According to count one, Edward Makayi on April 20, 2017 with intent to bring the name of the President of the Republic of Zambia Edgar Lungu into hatred published a defamatory matter on Facebook in which he said “…Edgar Lungu is dragging Zambia into hatred and tension…”
In count two, Makayi, is alleged to have demanded UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema’s release because his wife Mutinta was missing him.
“Edward Roy Makayi on the 4th day of May, 2017 at Lusaka in the Lusaka District of the Lusaka Province of the Republic of Zambia, with intent to bring the name of the President of the Republic of Zambia Edgar Chagwa Lungu in ridicule did publish a defamatory matter on social media namely Facebook by writing in which you said “…Satanic Christian Dictator. Nigga release your friend from prison this is June ataa you, you have Esther, Dora Siliya pa side, Mumbi Phiri ku corner nabenangu kaya. HH only has Mutinta [and] she’s missing him waumfwa. Awe sure kamu guys nika Satanist for real!!!!!…” read the indictment.
According to count three, Makayi insulted the Head of State by posting “F**k Edgar Lungu on Facebook on June 24, 2017.
In the fourth count, Makayi is charged with ‘use of insulting language’.
“Edward Roy Makayi on 24th day of June, 2017 at Lusaka in the Lusaka District of Lusaka Province of the Republic of Zambia, did use insulting language on Stephen Kampyongo on social media namely Facebook by saying ‘Stephen Kampyongo F**k you’ in a manner likely to give such provocation to cause him to break public peace,” read the indictment.
Makayi will take plea soon before magistrate Humphrey Chitalu.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- We haven’t warned of a shutdown – Mopani - 19 Aug 2017
- Africa must unite and fight neo-colonialism – Mwila - 19 Aug 2017
- Awkward: Maimane rejects Lungu’s invitation to meet - 19 Aug 2017
- Maimane, Malema have accepted invitation to meet Lungu – Mwamba - 19 Aug 2017
- Mwanawasa was a visionary – HH - 19 Aug 2017
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement
- Tribute to the 5 ‘co-abused’
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend