- by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Student appears in court for defamation of the PresidentBy Mukosha Funga on 31 Jul 2017
A 28-year-old DMI St Eugine student has appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court for three counts of defamation of the President.
According to count one, Edward Makayi on April 20, 2017 with intent to bring the name of the President of the Republic of Zambia Edgar Lungu into hatred published a defamatory matter on Facebook in which he said “…Edgar Lungu is dragging Zambia into hatred and tension…”
In count two, Makayi, is alleged to have demanded UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema’s release because his wife Mutinta was missing him.
“Edward Roy Makayi on the 4th day of May, 2017 at Lusaka in the Lusaka District of the Lusaka Province of the Republic of Zambia, with intent to bring the name of the President of the Republic of Zambia Edgar Chagwa Lungu in ridicule did publish a defamatory matter on social media namely Facebook by writing in which you said “…Satanic Christian Dictator. Nigga release your friend from prison this is June ataa you, you have Esther, Dora Siliya pa side, Mumbi Phiri ku corner nabenangu kaya. HH only has Mutinta [and] she’s missing him waumfwa. Awe sure kamu guys nika Satanist for real!!!!!…” read the indictment.
According to count three, Makayi insulted the Head of State by posting “F**k Edgar Lungu on Facebook on June 24, 2017.
In the fourth count, Makayi is charged with ‘use of insulting language’.
“Edward Roy Makayi on 24th day of June, 2017 at Lusaka in the Lusaka District of Lusaka Province of the Republic of Zambia, did use insulting language on Stephen Kampyongo on social media namely Facebook by saying ‘Stephen Kampyongo F**k you’ in a manner likely to give such provocation to cause him to break public peace,” read the indictment.
Makayi will take plea soon before magistrate Humphrey Chitalu.
About Mukosha Funga
Interested in good governance and youth empowerment.
- Court acquits man accused of defaming Mumbi Phiri on WhatsApp - 19 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn’t know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer – Lungu - 18 Oct 2017
- DPP abusing nolles – HH - 17 Oct 2017
- UNZA gives “Ruins” to female students in a bid to stop riots - 16 Oct 2017
- IMF presses Zambia redefine its borrowing plans - 16 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
- Court acquits man accused of defaming Mumbi Phiri on WhatsApp
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi’s jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend