by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jul 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jul 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Jul 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Stuart Lisulo on 21 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jul 2019by Natasha Sakala on 18 Jul 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 18 Jul 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Jul 2019
by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jun 2019by Martha Mwanza and Felix Kashweka on 21 Jun 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Prof Muna Ndulo on 21 Jul 2019by Dr Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Jun 2019by Chewe Chishala on 22 Jun 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 11 Jun 2019
DPP enters nolle in IG case against TayaliBy Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017[easy-social-share counters=0 counter_pos="hidden" total_counter_pos="right" template="20" style="icon" point_type="simple"]
The Director of Public Prosecutions has entered a nolle prosequi in a case where the Inspector General of Police Kakoma Kanganja sued Chilufya Tayali for Libel.
When the case came up for continuation of trial, the defence said it was ready to continue cross examining the Inspector General, but magistrate Felix Kaoma said the DPP had filed a nolle.
“We are ready to continue, however I don’t seem to see the witness currently on the stand before court. Perhaps the state has an explanation; but may the record show that the defense team is ready,” lawyer Haimbe said.
Magistrate Kaoma said the case had been discontinued.
“I have noted on record that the DPP yesterday filed in a nolle and in line with the CPC, I hereby dismiss the accused. You are a free man in the meantime,” Magistrate Kaoma told Tayali.
About Mukosha Funga
Mukosha is interested in good governance and anti-corruption reporting.
- HH richer than me, but can’t build you a toilet, Lungu tells Katuba - 22 Jul 2019
- No one had complained to my office over de-gazzetion of Forest 27 – Kapata - 22 Jul 2019
- Mansa Police launch manhunt for father who defiled 9-year-old daughter - 21 Jul 2019
- I don’t know how to steal – Lungu - 15 Jul 2019
- As a human being, 1 or 2 people may not like me – Lubinda - 15 Jul 2019
- HH richer than me, but can’t build you a toilet, Lungu tells Katuba
- Court’s decision not to oust Kambwili leaves NDC in awkward position – Musenge
- Ng’andu up against PF’s self-preservation – Sacika
- Even RB was more reasonable than Lungu – Kambwili
- We’ll work with Mushimba to fix mess of Luo’s destructive legacy – UNZALARU
Subscribe for email alerts