- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
2 Ugandans in court for swindling Zambian manBy Diggers Reporter on 28 Dec 2017
A Ugandan traditional healer has been dragged to court for swindling a Lusaka resident by pretending that she could multiply his K20,300 to K100,000.
Betty Nachijuma and her secretary Asha Monela of Kamwala area are facing a charge of obtaining money by false pretenses.
The accused persons, who appeared before magistrate Albert Mwaba, could not take plea due to language barrier.
The court set January 3, 2018 for plea in order to facilitate for a Ugandan interpreter.
Details are that Betty, 32, and Asha between December 3 and 9, 2017 obtained the said cash from David Mandona on pretext that they could multiply in into K100,000 when in fact not.
Betty, who is also known as Mama Joy, tricked Mandona who called her for help in finding a job.
Mandona learnt of Mama Joy through an advert which appeared in The Mast newspaper where she claimed that she used her charms to help people find jobs.
But instead of helping him find a job, Mama Joy convinced him to let her multiply his money using spiritual powers of her forefathers.
After obtaining his money, Mama Joy and her assistant attempted to bolt but were apprehended by police.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- PF justifies delivery of ambulance in Chilubi - 22 Jan 2020
- Zambia will keep sex education within religious norms – Mabumba - 16 Dec 2019
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing (7,149 views)
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG (5,964 views)
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus (4,915 views)
- Where is the father while the mother weeps “amwa peeling?” (2,812 views)
- Lungu renews Bible Society membership, as netizens drag him back to gassing (2,313 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- Stop social media abuse – Kafwaya
- Disband Religion Ministry, Sumaili’s actions border on lawlessness
- Mobs kill four more, as police nab 14 for murder
- The real ritual killer is The Mob
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus
- Careless comments on gassing will breed chaos – ZCCB
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing
- It’s every man for himself under Lungu – Milupi
- ACC probes Health Minister for corruption
- Chilubi outcome shows 2021 polls won’t be free and fair – AVAP
- Criminals are changing tactics, soldiers can’t root them out instantly – Chama
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend