by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Sep 2019
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
2 Ugandans in court for swindling Zambian manBy Diggers Reporter on 28 Dec 2017
A Ugandan traditional healer has been dragged to court for swindling a Lusaka resident by pretending that she could multiply his K20,300 to K100,000.
Betty Nachijuma and her secretary Asha Monela of Kamwala area are facing a charge of obtaining money by false pretenses.
The accused persons, who appeared before magistrate Albert Mwaba, could not take plea due to language barrier.
The court set January 3, 2018 for plea in order to facilitate for a Ugandan interpreter.
Details are that Betty, 32, and Asha between December 3 and 9, 2017 obtained the said cash from David Mandona on pretext that they could multiply in into K100,000 when in fact not.
Betty, who is also known as Mama Joy, tricked Mandona who called her for help in finding a job.
Mandona learnt of Mama Joy through an advert which appeared in The Mast newspaper where she claimed that she used her charms to help people find jobs.
But instead of helping him find a job, Mama Joy convinced him to let her multiply his money using spiritual powers of her forefathers.
After obtaining his money, Mama Joy and her assistant attempted to bolt but were apprehended by police.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- 4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SA - 15 Sep 2019
- Robert Mugabe dies aged 95 - 6 Sep 2019
- FAZ calls off Zambia vs SA friendly - 3 Sep 2019
- Zambia has given us a good environment for business – Orca Deco - 3 Sep 2019
- Mwitwa gives Tutwa 24 hours to apologize - 17 Aug 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it - Lungu (2,622 views)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (2,606 views)
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them (1,463 view)
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi (1,310 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,266 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend