by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 May 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 May 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Guest Digger on 22 May 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 May 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 21 May 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 May 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 22 May 2019by Mukosha Funga on 22 May 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 May 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 May 2019
by Sampa Kabwela on 18 May 2019by Felix Kashweka on 16 May 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 26 Apr 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 23 Apr 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Guest Digger on 22 May 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 21 May 2019by Dr Munyonzwe Hamalengwa on 19 May 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 16 May 2019
Underwear thief gets 6 monthsBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Sep 2018
Lusaka Magistrate Brian Simachele has slapped a 23-year-old man of Lusaka’s Chipata compound who stole underwear from Shorprite Zambia Limited valued K79.99 with a six months imprisonment with hard labour sentence.
Particulars of the offence in this matter were Brian Bwalya, unemployed, on August 14, 2018 stole three underwear from Shoprite Zambia Limited valued at K79.99.
Brief facts in this matter are that on August 14, 2018, Enock Sakala, the security manager at Shorprite Waterfalls branch, during his routine checkups around the premises, came across an empty pack of men’s underwear pants and Bwalya, who was nearby, looked suspicious.
A body search was conducted on him and he was found with three underwear which he had hidden in his boxer short which he was putting on.
The underwear were then recovered and Bwalya was arrested and charged with an offense of theft which he readily admitted saying he did not have any undergarments.
When the matter came up for sentencing, Bwalya asked God to forgive him in his mitigation
This was after the court found him quilty of stealing the underwear.
In sentencing, magistrate Simachele slapped Bwalya with a jail term of six months with hard labour.
He said the offence Bwalya committed attracted a maximum sentence of five years but he exercised his maximum liniency on him because he did not waste the courts time by admitting to the charge.
He said it was an undeniable fact that Bwalya stole the underwear with the purpose of wearing them.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe is a vibrant young Zambian journalist who has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians. She draws inspiration from journalists who stand for what is right and are not afraid to tell and show the truth to the people.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- I didn’t believe mum when she said ‘hubby’ is my brother, incest accused tells court - 22 May 2019
- Lusaka man gets 8 months for hitting wife with pot - 22 May 2019
- CK vows to prove Mwila hired someone to write his G12 exams - 22 May 2019
- Assailants shoot local court messenger in Choma - 22 May 2019
- God has removed His grace from Lungu that’s why he’s insulting Church – Kambwili - 21 May 2019
- Gunshots fired as KCM liquidator storms Chingola to takeover assets
- Chomba Kaoma reports Kaizer to police for slapping him
- CK vows to prove Mwila hired someone to write his G12 exams
- I didn't believe mum when she said 'hubby' is my brother, incest accused tells court
- Deputy minister positions meant to weaken UPND
- CBU failed to remit K686 million to ZRA, NAPSA in 2017 – Auditor General
- I didn’t believe mum when she said ‘hubby’ is my brother, incest accused tells court
- Lusaka man gets 8 months for hitting wife with pot
- PF political architecture a danger to peace, stability – CSOs
- Gary challenges Sakwiba to name UPND MPs who were texting him at NDF
Subscribe for email alerts
ArchivesJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend