- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Serenje man gets 8 months for forging G12 certificateBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 1 Nov 2018
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has sentenced a 22-year-old man of Serenje district to eight months imprisonment with hard labour for forging a school certificate.
Josephat Mpande, who was among the youths who were recently recruited by the police service, was charged with forgery and uttering a false document and had pleaded guilty to the charge.
It was alleged that on April 5, 2018, in Serenje, Mpande allegedly forged an Examinations Council of Zambia school certificate bearing the names of Josephat Mpande.
And in count two, it was alleged that on September 11, 2018, in Lusaka, Mpande uttered a false ECZ school certificate bearing the names Josephat Mpande to a police officer at Geoffrey Mukuma Training School, commonly known as Sondela.
The matter came up yesterday before magistrate Mwandu Sakala for facts and sentencing.
Facts are that on October 10, David Mubelenga, a training officer at Sondela was screening documents for police recruits and while scrutinising the documents, it was discovered that Mpande had forged a Grade 12 certificate.
The alleged forged Grade 12 certificate was from Ibolela Secondary School bearing examination number 1071840003 and indicated that Mpande completed in 2017.
The forged Grade 12 certificate was then submitted to ECZ for further investigations.
“ECZ confirmed that Mpande’s Grade 12 certificate was forged and that it was not issued by the commission. The matter was reported to police,” read the facts.
In mitigation, Mpande asked the court for forgiveness saying he would do his best to re-write his Grade 12 so that he could have a correct certificate.
And in her ruling, magistrate Sakala said Mpande deserved leniency because he had pleaded guilty and had therefore not wasted the court’s time.
She however sentenced him to eight months in the first count and seven months in the second count, to run concurrently.
“In the first count, I sentence you to eight months imprisonment with hard labour and seven months imprisonment with hard labour in count two,” ruled magistrate Sakala.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Soko not entitled to any of his claims, RTSA tells court - 21 Feb 2020
- Kambwili has the right to criticize govt, ZNBC staffer tells court - 21 Feb 2020
- ConCourt throws out LAZ’s application to jail Tutwa for contempt - 21 Feb 2020
- Court orders release of IMS boss’ passport - 20 Feb 2020
- $1m claim in costs by Rephidim, 2 others is inflated, says Vedanta - 20 Feb 2020
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus (7,514 views)
- An opposition party is causing confusion in the country - Kampyongo (6,217 views)
- Lungu ill advised, no wonder Kingsland injunction has embarrassed him – Harrington (5,889 views)
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG (3,183 views)
- Disband Religion Ministry, Sumaili's actions border on lawlessness (3,171 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- God hates such useless prayers!
- We hope ACC has done its homework on Chilufya – TIZ
- IMF won’t bailout Zambia – Hamududu
- Govt still owes agro dealers K781m, Katambo tells Parley
- Close schools if govt can’t guarantee children’s safety, insists NAQEZ
- Opposition using people to bring confusion – Kampyongo
- Lusambo’s $100,000 loan offer to Kabushi teachers an insult, says UPND aspirant
- I love dealing with animals because they don’t talk – Luo
- Lungu ill advised, no wonder Kingsland injunction has embarrassed him – Harrington
- CTPD calls for practical measures for economic recovery
- An opposition party is causing confusion in the country – Kampyongo
- Stop social media abuse – Kafwaya
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend