- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Times of Zambia denies owing former editor K587,406By Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Nov 2018
Times Printpak Zambia has denied owing their former employee Anthony Mulowa K587,406.02 being claimed as benefits under the first and second separation package saying to the contrary, the company only owes him K524,656.02.
And Times contends that Mulowa is not entitled at all to the reliefs being sought; such as costs and any other reliefs.
Last month, Mulowa sued the newspaper in the Lusaka High Court claiming K587,406.2 gratuity and leave days, as well as, interest, costs and any other reliefs.
Mulowa, who is currently working for the Road Development Agency as deputy communications director, was claiming for payment of gratuity, service package, leave commutation, service bonus and repatriation benefits under the first contract amounting to K367,744.33.
He is also claiming for payment of gratuity, leave commutation and repatriation benefits under the second contract amounting to K219,661.69.
But in a defence filed in the Lusaka High Court, November 5, Times of Zambia denied owing Mulowa K367,744.33, saying they only owed him K312,744.33 for gratuity, service package, leave commutation, service bonus and repatriation benefits under the first contract.
They stated that K219,661.69 being claimed by Mulowa as payment of gratuity, leave commutation and repatriation benefits under the second contract was incorrect, as the right amount was K211,911.69.
Times stated that they had a schedule of payment based on the date of existing the company and this was the schedule being followed to pay those who had left the company.
They added that they had not chosen to ignore Mulowa’s claims.
“Going by the internal arrangements, he is to start receiving his monies in November, 2018 as priority is given to retirees followed by those who had resigned as the plaintiff did. The defendant contends that the plaintiff is not entitled to the reliefs sought herein namely; costs and any other reliefs at all,” read the statement of claim.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Pilato asks Lungu to relax sanctions against Prime TV - 31 Mar 2020
- Lubinda breaks down as he recalls being slapped by PF cadre - 31 Mar 2020
- ZCCM-IH to appeal High Court’s decision to dismiss fraud case against FQM, 6 others - 31 Mar 2020
- Provide protective clothing to all health workers fighting COVID-19, MQHZ urges govt - 31 Mar 2020
- We need lockdown asap – Magande - 30 Mar 2020
- Zambia's COVID-19 cases jump to 35 (27,942 views)
- Govt identifies Chaisa, Jack Compound, Ibex Hill as COVID-19 hot zones (26,367 views)
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish! (14,432 views)
- High Court keeps Spax in jail (10,239 views)
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29 (7,348 views)
- COVID-19 leaves PF general conference in limbo
- Correctional Services mulls release of inmates due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Swabs have become a rare commodity, laments public national health institute
- Katuka denies ordering youth punch-up at UPND secretariat
- MISA asks ECZ to expedite dismantling of 2016 debt owed to media houses
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «March 2020»
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
Send this to a friend