by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 May 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 May 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Guest Digger on 22 May 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 May 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 21 May 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 May 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 22 May 2019by Mukosha Funga on 22 May 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 May 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 May 2019
by Sampa Kabwela on 18 May 2019by Felix Kashweka on 16 May 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 26 Apr 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 23 Apr 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Guest Digger on 22 May 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 21 May 2019by Dr Munyonzwe Hamalengwa on 19 May 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 16 May 2019
Times of Zambia denies owing former editor K587,406By Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Nov 2018
Times Printpak Zambia has denied owing their former employee Anthony Mulowa K587,406.02 being claimed as benefits under the first and second separation package saying to the contrary, the company only owes him K524,656.02.
And Times contends that Mulowa is not entitled at all to the reliefs being sought; such as costs and any other reliefs.
Last month, Mulowa sued the newspaper in the Lusaka High Court claiming K587,406.2 gratuity and leave days, as well as, interest, costs and any other reliefs.
Mulowa, who is currently working for the Road Development Agency as deputy communications director, was claiming for payment of gratuity, service package, leave commutation, service bonus and repatriation benefits under the first contract amounting to K367,744.33.
He is also claiming for payment of gratuity, leave commutation and repatriation benefits under the second contract amounting to K219,661.69.
But in a defence filed in the Lusaka High Court, November 5, Times of Zambia denied owing Mulowa K367,744.33, saying they only owed him K312,744.33 for gratuity, service package, leave commutation, service bonus and repatriation benefits under the first contract.
They stated that K219,661.69 being claimed by Mulowa as payment of gratuity, leave commutation and repatriation benefits under the second contract was incorrect, as the right amount was K211,911.69.
Times stated that they had a schedule of payment based on the date of existing the company and this was the schedule being followed to pay those who had left the company.
They added that they had not chosen to ignore Mulowa’s claims.
“Going by the internal arrangements, he is to start receiving his monies in November, 2018 as priority is given to retirees followed by those who had resigned as the plaintiff did. The defendant contends that the plaintiff is not entitled to the reliefs sought herein namely; costs and any other reliefs at all,” read the statement of claim.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe is a vibrant young Zambian journalist who has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians. She draws inspiration from journalists who stand for what is right and are not afraid to tell and show the truth to the people.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- I didn’t believe mum when she said ‘hubby’ is my brother, incest accused tells court - 22 May 2019
- Lusaka man gets 8 months for hitting wife with pot - 22 May 2019
- CK vows to prove Mwila hired someone to write his G12 exams - 22 May 2019
- Assailants shoot local court messenger in Choma - 22 May 2019
- God has removed His grace from Lungu that’s why he’s insulting Church – Kambwili - 21 May 2019
- KCM placed under liquidation, Milingo Lungu takes charge as provisional liquidator
- Chomba Kaoma reports Kaizer to police for slapping him
- I hear you've been boasting that you have me in your pocket, Lungu asks AVIC
- Gunshots fired as KCM liquidator storms Chingola to takeover assets
- Lungu dares Church: You're not holier than others, if you're angry take me on
- CBU failed to remit K686 million to ZRA, NAPSA in 2017 – Auditor General
- I didn’t believe mum when she said ‘hubby’ is my brother, incest accused tells court
- Lusaka man gets 8 months for hitting wife with pot
- PF political architecture a danger to peace, stability – CSOs
- Gary challenges Sakwiba to name UPND MPs who were texting him at NDF
Subscribe for email alerts
ArchivesJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend