- by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
CK’s unlawful assembly case to commence Feb 11By Daniel Chansa on 15 Jan 2019
The Luanshya Magistrates’ Court has set February 11 as date for possible commencement of trial in a matter in which NDC leader Chishimba Kambwili and 11 others are charged with unlawful assembly.
It is alleged that Kambwili and 11 others on November 25, in Luanshya, jointly and whilst acting together, unlawfully assembled with intent to carryout some common purpose and did conduct themselves in such a manner as to cause persons in the neighborhood reasonably to fear that they will commit a breach of peace.
The matter is before Ndola Principal Resident magistrate Obister Musukwa.
Kambwili 50, of Luanshya and 11 others denied the charge.
Magistrate Musukwa then adjourned the matter to 11, 12 and 13 February 2019 for possible commencement of trial.
On November 25, 2017 over 300 AVIC International workers constructing houses for the Ministry of Home Affairs and Zambia Correctional Facility in Luanshya protested demanding better conditions of service and contracts.
While singing, the workers camped at Kambwili’s residence demanding that he addresses them.
In addressing the protesters, Kambwili said it was uncalled for that the local people should be abused.
“You see these contracts are for the government. We are spending a lot of money, which is just going to China. If you look at the salaries of the workers, it’s sad. People are not benefiting. But you can’t blame the people. Just a few days ago the PF were celebrating in solidarity with the Chinese to abuse our people. This is a warning to the Zambian people that this is the government that you have,” he said.
Kambwili said there was no President in Zambia but a figurehead in State House.
“If miners are sent out, who is to sort out this issue? It’s the President. That is why I say we do not have a President in this country. We only have a figurehead in this country. This country is on autopilot, wait until I become President, you will see leadership, tested leadership. All these Chinese, Indians nonsense will end because imbwili ni bwili,” Kambwili has said.Related Items
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,599 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,567 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (2,346 views)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,659 view)
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (1,325 view)
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
- High mealie meal prices are an indictment on Lungu – Nalumango
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend