by Julia Malunga on 16 Oct 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 16 Oct 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Oct 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Former NWP PS convicted of corrupt practicesBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2019
The Solwezi Magistrates’ Court has convicted former North-Western Province Permanent Secretary Fabian Mumba for corrupt practices.
Mumba was facing one count of wilful failure to comply with applicable procedures and guidelines relating to the procurement of works.
According to a statement issued by Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) Public Relations Manager Timothy Moono, Mumba was jointly-charged with the then Procurement Manager at the Provincial Administration, Collins Kapapala, but the court, however, acquitted his co-accused.
“Mr Mumba was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Commission in 2017 and was jointly-charged with the then Procurement Manager at the Provincial Administration Collins Kapapala for one count of wilful failure to comply with applicable procedures and guidelines contrary to the laws of Zambia. Principle Resident Magistrate Davies Chibwili, however, acquitted Kapapala,” stated Moono.
“Particulars of the offence were that Mr. Mumba and Mr. Kapapala, on dates unknown but between January 1, 2011, and August 31, 2011, did wilfully fail to comply with applicable laws, procedures or guidelines relating to the procurement of works for the upgrading and maintenance of the Magrade Extension Road in Solwezi, which was awarded to Hillers Construction Company Limited, contrary to section 33(2) of the Anti-Corruption Commission Act number 38 of 2010.”
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Suspected UPND youth applies for habeas corpus - 16 Oct 2019
- LAZ asks ConCourt to dismiss Tutwa’s application to set aside contempt case - 16 Oct 2019
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts - 16 Oct 2019
- UPPZ leader applies for habeas corpus - 16 Oct 2019
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court - 15 Oct 2019
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts (4,132 views)
- 2 burn to death in Luanshya road accident (3,526 views)
- AVIC, RDA toll plaza deal was a rip off, evidence is coming (2,387 views)
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba's legitimacy in court (2,249 views)
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,066 views)
- I’m Lungu’s strongman, that’s why enemies target me with corruption tag – Chitotela
- 2 burn to death in Luanshya road accident
- We’re ready to meet UPND in court over its gay rights agenda – Sunday
- Lungu’s failure to protect Sesheke cops worsening violence – Andyford
- Former ministers must do the right thing, pay back – Sumaili
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Murder trial for Benny Zulu starts
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend