by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Judge Zulu recuses herself from handling Kambwili, Mwila defamation caseBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 12 Feb 2019
Lusaka High Court Judge Conceptor Zulu has recused herself from handling a matter in which PF Secretary General Davies Mwila has sued Chishimba Kambwili for defamation, on the basis that he has previously worked with the Roan PF member of parliament in Luanshya.
In this matter, Mwila sued the NDC Consultant Chishimba Kambwili, demanding punitive and exemplary damages for the malicious words uttered against him at a press briefing where Kambwili alleged that Mwila had hired someone to write his Grade 12 examinations on his behalf.
“…Mwila lost an election to a nonentity, a small boy, an independent in Chipili. I have won elections in Roan, three times…And by the way, let Mwila not throw glasses because even that grade 12 certificate he has bamulembele kofye (they wrote for him). When we came to parliament, he came as a form three. Get Mwila in a classroom today to rewrite his grade 12, nga kuti akwata ko nangu nine points (if he can even get nine points). So that chap should not even start me because I know him very well,” Kambwili had charged at a press briefing held in October, 2018.
And in a statement of claim, Mwila had stated that the parts of the press briefing relating to him, imputed traits of dishonesty, bad faith, lack of respect for the education system; that he was not fit to be a leader and that he was a fraudsters.
He further stated that the words complained of had lowered him in the estimation of right thinking members of the society and had generally brought him into public ridicule, scandal, odium, hatred and contempt.
However, Justice Zulu recused herself, saying he could not deliberate on the matter because he had worked with Kambwili in Luanshya.
“This record was allocated to me on December 17, 2018. I however wish to recuse myself because I have personally worked with the defendant during my tenure of office as Administrator General and Official Receiver. The Administrator General and Receiver was in charge of RAMCOZ, a company whose assets are situated in Luanshya, the Parliamentary Constituency of the defendant. I accordingly recuse myself and request that the matter be re-allocated to another judge,” said Justice Zulu.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu can’t be compelled to avail Mutembo report on his dismissal – Kalaluka - 14 Oct 2019
- UPND a strong opposition party, will remain that way beyond 2021 – Minister - 14 Oct 2019
- Frivolous ‘gay’ motions won’t take Zambia anywhere – Livune - 14 Oct 2019
- Kalaluka fights LAZ’s subpoenas against himself, Lubinda - 14 Oct 2019
- LAZ subpoenas Lubinda, Kalaluka to testify in Bill 10 case - 11 Oct 2019
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,089 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,141 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,055 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,051 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,014 view)
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend