by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Economist denies illegally accessing UNZA data using Parley IP addressBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Feb 2019
A 33-year-old economist has pleaded not guilty to two counts of unauthorized access of the University of Zambia (UNZA) data using an IP address domiciled at Parliament.
In this matter, Andrew Mwewa, of Chilenje South, is facing two counts of unauthorized access or interfering with data contrary to Section 99 (1) of the Electronic Communications and Transaction Act no 21 of 2009 of the Laws of Zambia.
It is alleged that on various dates, Mwewa who was working as a driver at the University at that time, gained access to the system and used it to reduce students loans upon request for a fee.
In count one, it is alleged that on July 31, 2017 in Lusaka, Mwewa intentionally accessed or interfered with data of the University of Zambia by using user name Inzara on IP address 184.108.40.206, without authority.
And in count two, it is alleged that on January 26, 2019 in Lusaka, Mwewa intentionally accessed or interfered with data of the University of Zambia by using IP 220.127.116.11 for Parliament without authority.
When the matter came up for plea before magistrate Humphrey Chitalu, Wednesday, Mwewa denied both charges.
He was later granted bail of K20,000 in his own recognizance with two working sureties bound in the like sum.
The matter has since been adjourned to April 1, 2019, for commencement of trial.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court - 15 Oct 2019
- I smoke marijuana to cool my temper, Lusaka man tells court - 15 Oct 2019
- Siwale asks High Court to halt his Defamation of the President case - 15 Oct 2019
- Lungu can’t be compelled to avail Mutembo report on his dismissal – Kalaluka - 14 Oct 2019
- UPND a strong opposition party, will remain that way beyond 2021 – Minister - 14 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,937 views)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,380 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,060 view)
- UTH hikes user fees (985 views)
- Nkombo wonders how "inflicting misery on people" will help Lungu win 2021 (958 views)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend